Do you think that Hollywood has wronged people with acne by not showing them?

Everyone in movies and in pop culture has unrealistically flawless skin, unless as a joke or if it's a nerd loser character in a film.

Do you think this absence of people like me who suffer from long term acne in media is hurtful, especially since many of us work hard to fix our appearance?Do you think that Hollywood has wronged people with acne by not showing them??
Updates:
To be clear I didn't post this question to complain, but I am curious as to why there aren't social justice warriors crying about this fact like they did in the campaign against "fat shaming". Acne looks gross and I'm not about to declare that i'm "beautiful the way I am" unlike overweight people because it's not true. It's just something I have to live with.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Everyone has acne. Just because you don’t see it doesn’t mean it’s not there

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Personally I dont think so. I mean hollywood is there to entertain people, not to boost your confidence. That is something you have to do yourself, but trust me, acne isn't uncommon, its not some terrible disease or whatever, and people generally won't treat you differently because of it, so don't worry too much about it

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 1

• no lol acne is gross.
    no one wants to see it.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 1

• That's ridiculous. My acne is hardly different from yours and I don't feel wronged at all. People can do whatever they want in their movies. What's wrong is the concept that "representation" is necessary in order to not be wronged. If they put a kid with acne in their movie, that kid isn't "people like you" it's just a kid with acne. His presence or absence has no effect in your life

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes