Why does basic cable networks such as Freeform or TNT let the "s" word slip but, the "f" word is still bleeped?

12

What Girls Said 1

• Fuck is a SLIGHTLY higher tier cheese word than shit I think. At least it always came if that way to me.

What Guys Said 2

• The culture is changing. "shit" (you can swear on this site) is becoming a little more accepting. Personally, I don't have an issue with swearing and I actually have an issue with people who have an issue with swearing, but that's why. "shit" is more acceptable now. People used to not talk about farts on television. It was unacceptable to fart, mention a fart, refer to farts, or even suggest a fart just occurred (as in holding their nose, waving hand around, sound, etc). It was also unacceptable to show pregnant women, bring up pregnant women, suggest someone is pregnant, or even story line around a couple having a baby. It's just a change in acceptance. It also has to do with time of day. Those shows that have swearing don't usually air during the day time in family settings.
    it's all about society.

• The FCC changed the rules a while back, and allowed shit to be said on tv. South Park did a couple of episodes about it. They are pretty funny.