Anyone else think Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 was a cringeworthy film?

Please don't hate, just being honest.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I actually liked Guardians 2 compared to most other MCU movies these days. xD

For me, the true cringeworthy films were "Thor: Ragnarok" and "Spider-Man: Homecoming". Those movies were travesties of their characters and of the stories they were supposed to tell.

Also, the MCU's excessive use of forced humor and quips to break dramatic tension is overly calculated and getting more and more annoying lol.

0|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Spider man homecoming... Is just... Nopeeee!
      They made Peter Parker a horny teen.
      Honestly now i hate spider man because of it, i loved the old movies, spider man was serious and HE WAS NOT A TEEN.

• @TallGuy96 Haha I know what you mean, man. =) "Homecoming" took it way too far with the humor... and nowhere near far enough with the drama.

Granted, Spider-Man did start out in high school, but he's spent most of his history in comics as an adult.

I'll also never forgive the MCU for denying us an ultimate version of Mary Jane played by a more mature actress, lol. xD They could have kept Andrew Garfield, just joined him up with the Avengers, and cast someone like Karen Gillan, instead of having her all covered up in blue paint to play Nebula in Guardians of the Galaxy:
      78.media.tumblr.com/.../...7dRBAU1r05bkco4_250.gif
      78.media.tumblr.com/.../...7dRBAU1r05bkco2_250.gif

^ Let's face it: a Mary Jane like that with an adult Spider-Man would have been a dream come true. xD

Most Helpful Girl

• I liked it more than the first one but it had some humor that felt more try-hard (how often they talked about dicks... good lord it wasn't funny the first time why would it be the twelfth time?)

However my favorite Guardian has always been Yondu so I liked his expanded role in this movie after the first one slept on him.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 21

• It was a little cheesy, but it was decent too.
    "I'm Mary Poppins, ya'll!"
    XD

0|1
    0|0
    • Cheesy, yes. Better description

• This is coming from a huge fan of the first one here, but I definitely get what you mean.

It wasn't "bad" to me, but it certainly had some cringy moments and the entire movie seemed a bit... rushed and anti-climatic.

Just wasn't as good as the first to me. Still enjoyed it, though.

0|0
    0|0
  • I saw the villain coming a mile away and I thought the catch scene was a little cheesey and the part where yondu says he's controls the arrow with his heart but other than that it was awesome.

0|0
    0|0
  • I can understand why you'd say that, but I found it endearing because it was a lighthearted film, with not that big of a threat.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nah... Not as good as the first for sure... But still enjoyable entertainment...

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't say it was "cringeworthy" but it was not nearly as good as the first one.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, to be honest it was pretty average. They went a bit overboard on the funeral bit, to be fair.

1|0
    0|0
  • Honestly, in my opinion, it was better than the first one.

0|0
    0|0
  • Haven’t seen it yet by my niece love baby Groot.

0|1
    0|0
  • The forced laughter was a bit much after a while.

0|0
    0|0
  • I liked it

0|0
    0|0
  • Still better than the recent Star Wars

0|2
    0|0
  • Batista

0|1
    0|0
  • Let me guess are you from New Zealand?

0|1
    0|0
  • I love GotG.. the death of Jondu was so sad

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes. i hate those movies. Just awful

0|0
    0|0
  • It lost the track after vol.1

0|0
    0|0
  • It's that movie with the owls right?

0|0
    0|0
  • One was better.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, kinda hated it, maybe my taste in movies just changed since the first one

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 1

• I actually loved it, it was funny and lighthearted unlike some of the other super hero movies, though I enjoy those too

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes