Anyone else think Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 was a cringeworthy film?

Please don't hate, just being honest.

222

Most Helpful Guy

• I actually liked Guardians 2 compared to most other MCU movies these days. xD

For me, the true cringeworthy films were "Thor: Ragnarok" and "Spider-Man: Homecoming". Those movies were travesties of their characters and of the stories they were supposed to tell.

Also, the MCU's excessive use of forced humor and quips to break dramatic tension is overly calculated and getting more and more annoying lol.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Spider man homecoming... Is just... Nopeeee!
      They made Peter Parker a horny teen.
      Honestly now i hate spider man because of it, i loved the old movies, spider man was serious and HE WAS NOT A TEEN.

• @TallGuy96 Haha I know what you mean, man. =) "Homecoming" took it way too far with the humor... and nowhere near far enough with the drama.

Granted, Spider-Man did start out in high school, but he's spent most of his history in comics as an adult.

I'll also never forgive the MCU for denying us an ultimate version of Mary Jane played by a more mature actress, lol. xD They could have kept Andrew Garfield, just joined him up with the Avengers, and cast someone like Karen Gillan, instead of having her all covered up in blue paint to play Nebula in Guardians of the Galaxy:
      78.media.tumblr.com/.../...7dRBAU1r05bkco4_250.gif
      78.media.tumblr.com/.../...7dRBAU1r05bkco2_250.gif

^ Let's face it: a Mary Jane like that with an adult Spider-Man would have been a dream come true. xD

Most Helpful Girl

• I liked it more than the first one but it had some humor that felt more try-hard (how often they talked about dicks... good lord it wasn't funny the first time why would it be the twelfth time?)

However my favorite Guardian has always been Yondu so I liked his expanded role in this movie after the first one slept on him.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE