What is your favourite horror video game?

What is your favourite horror video game?
Calling all the horror gamers. What are some of your favourite games?

Or, if you don't like horror, but have played some, feel free to share whichever one (s) made a lasting impression on you.

2|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't play horror games too often.. So I don't have a ton of experience playing them.. But I've played some Amnesia and I think all of the Slender games.. The most recent horror game I've played is Slender: The Arrival.. I got kinda bored of that game to be honest 😂 It was hilarious watching my friend react to it though! I think I just handle horror games really well because I know it's just a game, so I don't let it get to me. Sure, the adrenaline rush here and there is a ton of fun to feel though!
    Me and my boyfriend have recently started playing this game called Uncanny Valley.. While it's not a "horror" game necessarily? It's still pretty creepy.. We both don't know *anything* about the game either! We got the game totally blind! So that's an entire element of suspense also! Which makes it pretty exciting! I've also been recommended to play "Doki doki literary club".. Or whatever it's called? Not sure on the name. But apparently it's some kinda horror game from what I've been told. Again, I'm going to play this game totally blind!

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 42

• I wish I knew, I forgot if there any where EVERYBODY DIES AT THE END and NOBODY MAKES IT? Or at least contains such a possible alternate ending of some kind that you can unlock? It's mainly because I'm not into sequels. Although that does not mean that just because all of the original characters are dead at the conclusion of the game, there won't be a sequel, because as long as there's $$$$$ to be made, it'll most certainly happen.

1|0
    0|0
    • I haven't played it yet, but I think Call of Cthulhu might have that kind of end. Most Lovecraftian horror-themed games tend to end that way.

• @Quintessence thanks! I almost forgot about Cthulhu and Lovecraftian horror. It would be quite shocking to unsuspecting players thinking that once they've beaten the last boss or the last level they'll get to go home, or had saved the world and get a reward and "live happily ever after", instead, nope, nobody survives, or that everybody gets eaten I suppose, since after all it's "Lovecraftian" horror.

Kind of reminds me of that time when I first played Doom. Because in the first episode on the last level, even after beating the bosses, once you make it to the exit point, you'll die, and you have to die in order to exit and complete that level, it was like completely shocking to me. Though I don't know if you heard of it or played it before, but it was old and way back then, and I suppose there were some horror themes to it, but it wasn't a "scary" game.

• Haha, nope, if it has anything to do with Lovecraft, everyone is either insane, dead, or trapped in some shitty, non-Euclidean dimension. Or all three.

No, I haven't played Doom, but I'll check it out. I've really been meaning to do some horror gaming lately (always been a fan of the genre, but never got into the games, so... I figured my time has come, lol).

• Resident Evil 2. Some others would be Silent Hill 2, Manhunt, Condemned, F. E. A. R. 2, Half-Life, Splatterhouse 3, Friday The 13th (NES), Dead Space 2, Dying Light, The Walking Dead Telltale Series Season 1, Alan Wake, Alone In The Dark: The New Nightmare, Until Dawn, The Last of Us, Evil Within, Cliver Barker's Undying, Clock Tower, Left 4 Dead, Parasite Eve, The Suffering The Ties That Bind...

1|0
    0|0
  • D̜̫͈okì ͙̖D̘͈͖͏o̘̫͏ķ̴̶̤͍i̝͖̣͘ ̸͚̖҉Ḽ̭i̸̮̪͜t͉͢͞er͟͞a̛̜͟t̶̹̮̘͞͞u͚r̶e̗͇ ̵̰̗Ç̶̳̗͎l̵̴̙͠u̢̹̘͓b͎͙ ͏̸͏

HOLY SHIT THAT GAME IS A MASTERPIECE.
    It's free on Steam or ddlc. moe
    If you decide to play it, DONT LOOK UP ANYTHING ABOUT THE GAME. The game is heavily dependent on not knowing anything about.

Have fun.

1|0
    0|0
  • Tough choice. I grew up with Resident Evil emerging and literally inventing survival horror. So that's an easy list topper. But Dying Light is amazing! Nighttime missions in that game are seriously intense, and I don't scare easily. Just saw a beta demo of a game called "Days End". I'm all over that one when it comes out!

1|0
    0|0
  • I Don't Have any Particular Favorite, but as I'm inactive for a couple of years , My favorites back then were - Dead Space 2 , Amnesia : The Dark Descent and Outcast , pls I didn't find Dead Island and Resident Evil That Scary

1|1
    0|0
  • I don't really play horror games, but this can probably be called horror upload.wikimedia.org/.../...ne_Doors_Cover_Art.jpg

1|0
    0|0
  • Mine was P. T silent hill that game is just to realistic and terrifying to bad it got cancelled it would have been a game of nigtmares

1|1
    0|0
    • Another good one was the first outlast the second one was ok in my opinion and also Emily wants to play was scary i don't fuck with dolls

• Sophie's curse , it is the game with most brutal jumpscares i think
    Even famous streamer like pewdiepie , markiplier can't stand it and stop playing , lol

1|0
    0|0
  • Resident Evil 3: Nemesis.

Outrunning Nemesis was so scary as a kid lol. He was so fast

1|0
    0|0
  • The first Evil Within. I want to play the second one sometime

1|0
    0|0
  • Outlast, Outlast whistle blower, Outlast 2, Resident evil 6(with VR), silent hill is cool but it's age old graphics can't compete with others.

1|0
    0|0
  • If nostalgia is speaking, Silent Hill 2 (a masterpiece) or Fatal Frame. The new horror games aren't doing it for me. They rely too much on jumpscares.

1|1
    0|0
  • Is that Dead by Daylight? Cause that looks like the hospital map.

I'd say DBD or Hide and Shriek

1|1
    0|0
  • F. E. A. R and Fatal Frame series. Also Forbidden Siren as well.

1|1
    0|0
  • http://www.scpcbgame.com/
    I might be a bit buyest as Its the last one that really scared me and its free to play, but you are trapped in a facility as a prisoner as you have committed a crime and got this as an alternative to your death sentence. This means you are a test subject testing out mysterious objects in the facility inspired by there documentation over at scp-wiki. net. You are approaching a statue that can move very rapidly and break people's neck if it notices people aren't looking at it when all hell breaks loose. One of the SCP's manages to get control over the entire facility and lets multiple of them loose. You then try to escape this randomly generated facility frequently encountering multiple of them so you have to be on your guard at all times as you never know in which rooms they appear next while gathering higher and higher level keycards to eventually escape.

1|0
    0|0
  • I haven't played games in so long... I would probably say... Call of duty... The zombie levels that you have to complete...

1|0
    0|0
  • Minecraft, don't judge, the darkness of caves and the randomly appearing explodey creeper penises are jumpscary as hell.

To this day, I don't know how I feel about horror games.
    As a youngin I played the first Silent Hill, after I finished it, I wasn't sure whether I enjoyed the game or the fact that I don't have to play it anymore.

Silent Hill, Fatal Frame, Siren: Blood curse and even Lone Survivor were the only horror games that made a "lasting impression on me", as in, they gave me feelings of anxiety and "nope" when I was trying to play them.
    On the pc I played SOMA and the Outlast but I gave them both pretty underwhelming reviews.

In general, I just think it is the linearity of games that I don't like and since horror games tend to all be linear for the sake of pacing, I don't find them particularly enjoyable.

1|0
    0|0
  • No. Because I don't play any horror game. But what is your favorite

0|0
    0|0
  • My favorite game that "considers itself" horror-themed is easily Shadow Hearts. I just wish more companies would actually attempt to make horror-themed rpgs like that again. I'd say either it or the Corpse Party series. I love psychological horror like that more than anything.

But as for pure horror? I have plenty.
    Outlast series
    Resident Evil series
    The Evil Within
    PT
    Parasite Eve
    Dead Space series (Especially partial to the first one. It was a masterpiece to me.)
    Slender and dare I say it... but even the Five Nights At Freddy's series.

Scott Cawthon deserves all of the success he garnered with FNAF, I believe. If only for the interesting backstory he created alone and told without actually directly telling the story to the players. I can respect that style of storytelling.

1|0
    0|0
  • The F. E. A. R and Fatal Frame series.

1|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 8

• Outlast was my everything!!! I made so many friends and laughed and screamrd because of it. Resident Evil 7 was another good one but nothing tops the first Outlast.

2|0
    0|0
  • Alan Wake

1|1
    0|0
  • alien isolation. i love the story and it's the scariest game i've ever played

1|2
    0|0
    • Being an Alien fan, I've yet to play Alien Isolation. I heard it's a very different experience compared to Aliens Colonial Marines and Aliens vs. Predator.

• Yeah it's more of a survival horror with SciFi theme... other alien games are plain shooters.

• Outlast for me! Love love that game ❤️
    Was really jumpy and gave me some scares I didn’t expect, really fun game, I find anything based in a mental asylum scary lol.

1|0
    0|0
  • Haven't played it but my fav horror game is silent hill: the room. It was just so different form all the other ones

1|0
    0|0
  • Call of duty

1|0
    0|0
  • Silent Hill and Resident Evil.

1|1
    0|0
  • Resident eVIL

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes