Creative people, what do you do to get yourself out of a creative block?

46

Most Helpful Girl

• Sit there, cry and smash my head into the wall until I get an idea :)
    Nah just kidding. I just force myself out of the creative block? Like if im stuck on what to write i just start writing and an idea eventually forms. If i can't think of what to draw i just start drawing and usually an idea forms.

Most Helpful Guy

• Different creative discipline would do different things.

Usually it's looking up to other people's work then your own previous work.

The only hard one is music as that requires a lot of talent and experience not to copy other people stuff.

• When I look at other people's work, I just think my work is shit. Kinda makes me want to sell all my gear, and let it go

• Then your work is shit. Time to rob the other people work and make them yours.

Most of the art work is all about robbing the other guy stuff. You just rob everyone, mix them up and erase the tracks.

Like star wars just ripped the D&D generic story and remade the stuff with light sabers. Farm boy learned magic from a generic mentor who would soon be killed and later save the princess by defeating the powerful black wizards with magic (or the force).