Creative people, what do you do to get yourself out of a creative block?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Sit there, cry and smash my head into the wall until I get an idea :)
    Nah just kidding. I just force myself out of the creative block? Like if im stuck on what to write i just start writing and an idea eventually forms. If i can't think of what to draw i just start drawing and usually an idea forms.

0|2
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Different creative discipline would do different things.

Usually it's looking up to other people's work then your own previous work.

The only hard one is music as that requires a lot of talent and experience not to copy other people stuff.

0|0
    0|0
    • When I look at other people's work, I just think my work is shit. Kinda makes me want to sell all my gear, and let it go

• Then your work is shit. Time to rob the other people work and make them yours.

Most of the art work is all about robbing the other guy stuff. You just rob everyone, mix them up and erase the tracks.

Like star wars just ripped the D&D generic story and remade the stuff with light sabers. Farm boy learned magic from a generic mentor who would soon be killed and later save the princess by defeating the powerful black wizards with magic (or the force).

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 3

• I change my mind, I go outside, I try to see new things etc, anything that could help... good luck!

0|2
    0|0
  • I do not create, but my eldest daughter does. When she gets creative block she goes back to her notes, reads them like trice and begins to write until she gets tired, or hungry

0|0
    0|0
  • Here for the answers.

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 5

• Do something else. I usually come up with my best stuff on a walk, or when I'm brushing my teeth, or in the bath.

Never ever force it. Why not do one of the things I mentioned above, or tidy up around the house or play a video game or something.

0|1
    0|0
  • I try to look for people with personalities just opp of me. I try observe more deeply by giving more time to myself when i see things in general

0|1
    0|0
  • Think while you doing sport and you get real tired like stomach training or running... etc

0|0
    0|0
  • Taking a bunch of cough syrup always helped me

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't know, been stuck with this creative block for over 5 years now

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes