What was the best or least bad video game movie?

• Tomb Raider (either of the movies)
    Vote A
  • Doom
    Vote B
  • Prince of Persia: Sands of Time
    Vote C
  • Warcraft
    Vote D
  • Assassin's Creed
    Vote E
  • Resident Evil (which one?)
    Vote F
  • Other
    Vote G
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• Prince of Persia actually wasn't half bad. I legitimately enjoy that movie and even own it. It's not the best but it got me interested in the games and there's a little bit of nostalgia around it for me now.

And the old Tomb Raider movies were just as good as most other action flicks from the same time period, so even if it's only a 6/10 it's not as bad when you compare it to its competition. The second one blew though

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 1

• Mass Effect (excluding Andromeda ) and Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 28

• MORTAL KOMBAT!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHIfHL5UgFs

"least bad video game movie" But the "sequel" Mortal Kombat: Annihilation was awful.

0|3
    0|0
    • Agreed so much sandex🙈

• @Don_Law I was surprised they didn't do a Rated R version with blood, etc. As you figured the games themselves were created and meant for the adult and mature audiences. But I guess it's because of the $$$$$ factor. PG-13 would result in more viewers from the younger crowd thus more profits over a R rated film that requires adult supervision, at least, for places that enforces it properly.

• My favorite was the 2nd Resident Evil movie (Apocalypse). I know they deviate from the games, but I love Milla Jovovich, and that movie had Jill, Carlos, and Nemesis. I like the actor for Carlos, and RE3 was my favorite of the old ones.

Although Mortal Kombat tops that

0|0
    0|0
  • As damnman said can't go wrong with mortal combat, though due to being obsessed as a kid I'll always love watching that abomination super Mario bros movie from the 90s, now it's for nostalgic cringe, final fantasy advent children I enjoy but could be again my horible taste

0|0
    0|0
  • From the list, I'd say Tomb Raider was the best, but I would also add Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter and Double Dragon.
    Assassin's Creed and Prince Of Persia were nice too... definitely better than Tekken, but not as good as Dead Or Alive.
    Resident Evil was a bit of a disappointment, but not so bad either, I suppose it's like Warcraft, or Super Mario Bros, or The King Of Fighters... the fans were expecting so much more.
    I didn't like Doom (both game and the movie).

1|0
    0|0
  • Best? Bright Falls (Alan Wake mini-series), Silent Hill and Halo 4: Forward Until Dawn. Then I liked Resident Evil 1, Resident Evil: Degeneration, Dead Space, Dead Space: Downfall, Prince of Persia, Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within, Doom, Max Payne, Hitman and Street Fighter. But rest basically sucked, at least what I've seen.

0|0
    0|0
  • There will never be a good movie based on a video game and there never was either. When a game makes a movie based on the game it self that's a sellout.

0|2
    0|0
    • I agree. But Prince of persia was "Ok".
      at least better than the ones that are mentioned.
      I personaly like Wreck it ralph

• @MrWhaler Wreck it Ralph that is a gaming cult movie it doesn't take a specific game. prince of persia was really bad, just my opinion. They should never make a movie based on a game. They fuck the game and they lose money at the box office too plus they ruin the actor's job.

• Yes u r right bro.

• Prince of Persia I think is a bit underrated.

Genuinely one of the best I've seen (sorry, not sorry) is Wreck-it Ralph.

0|1
    0|0
  • 0|1
    0|0
  • tomb raider wasn't bad in my opinion. not great but not bad

i'd say the original Mortal Combat was the best movie based on a video game

0|0
    0|0
  • That Need For Speed movie in 2014 was a perfectly acceptable big dumb car movie. The racing/chase scenes were energetic and over the top, much like the games.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've yet to see a good one. If I didn't love Assassins Creed then I probably would have enjoyed the movie, so id pick that. Sadly, they tried so hard to make it appeal to a generic audience that they ignored the history that the fans had already been exposed to amd now they're trying desperately to claw it back by adding aspects from the film into the games. Prince of Persia was pretty poor but I think with a game like that (and Assassins Creed) the story is told so gradually while you enjoy exciting gameplay and I think thats hard to make work in a two hour movie

0|0
    0|0
  • Non almost all of them suck. I never understood why movie directors who dont even like the franchises got to make these movies

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't remember seeing too many, but I liked the first Silent Hill movie sort of. Well, it wasn't bad.

0|0
    0|0
  • Can't beleive you left out the first Mortal Kombat. thats my pick!

0|0
    0|0
  • Where’s Mortal Kombat? It’s the most competent video game movie out there.

0|0
    0|0
  • Prince of Persia had absolutely nothing on the games but it was decent

0|1
    0|0
  • To me, Warcraft. I think everyone should agree Assassin's creed was by far the worst.

0|0
    0|0
  • I liked doom because it didn't take itself too seriously.

0|0
    0|0
  • Hands down dragon Ball z the real life movie not the cartoon.

0|0
    0|0
    • Sarcasm or Hollywood employee?

• Show All
    • It is the case Jake will be the new Batman unfortunately look it up.

• I hope he gets in a plane crash before they start production.

• More from Guys

Recommended myTakes