What's the most unique vocalist you know?

What's the most unique vocalist you know?

Maynard James Keenan is pretty up there..

1|0

Most Helpful Girl

• FUCKING YEEEESSSSS!!! MAYNARD JAMES KEENAN IS THE BEST IN MY OPINION!!! That was going to be my answer hahaha. (& Selena for female vocalist)

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Chino Moreno from Deftones.
    Also, Maynard from A perfect circle. I think it's the same guy as Tool's vocalist :D

1|1
    0|0
    • Chino's very unique yeah!

Yeah same Maynard.. didn't know he had a side project O_O got a lot of listening to do..

• Yes, he's got A Perfect Circle, Tool & Puscifer.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 11

• Unique but not necessarily good individuals: Britney Spears, Adele, Miley Cyrus, Ariana Grande
    Unique and outstanding individuals: Whitney Houston, Celine Dion, Madonna, Annie Lennox, Karen Carpenter
    Unique but not necessarily good individuals: Bob Dylan, Bruce Springsteen, Justin Bieber
    Unique but outstanding individuals: Freddie Mercury, Michael Jackson, David Bowie, Frank Sinatra, Kenny Loggins

0|2
    0|0
    • Definitely agree, good list!

• Show All
    • But I consider Ariana to be a lovely person- didn't you know she donated so much money to bombing victims in May and performed a concert for them?

• @thatchristiangirl: This critique is only about voice. I know Ariana has a nice personality.

• Jungkook:

He can do ANYTHING (thus his name, Golden Maknae) He can sing, dance, and rap really well. He is also really funny with him imitations of people.

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't think I can give an adequate answer because I don't care about vocalists but I think Celine Dion has a unique voice and so did Mariah Carey in her earlier years.

0|1
    0|0
  • Alina baraz, jhene aiko, amel larrieux, Erykah Badu, Corrine baily Rae, Nora Jones,

0|1
    0|0
  • Michael Jackson.

1|2
    0|0
    • The actualllll loml ❤️

• Show All
    • One day you will in Heaven <3 We all will 🌸✨ He's not gone forever... just waiting on the other side. 🙏 Oh my gosh, that's horrible 😭 I will keep your mother in my prayers in all hopes that she heals and recovers more than soon. I really hope she gets better 😢💔 I'm so so sorry.
      Yeah, they are kind people. I can't tell you how honored I am to be a part of the circle... although I didn't know him, but I feel closer to him spiritually just because of it. But I'm of course no different than the rest of his fans because of that 💕 he loves us all equally 😊

• @thatchristiangirl That's true ♥
      Thank you very much for your compassion. I would appreciate your prayer ♥
      I understand. That's really cool :)
      25.media.tumblr.com/...lxng0tD2MQ1qd37nbo3_250.gif

• So hyang.

0|1
    0|0
  • Kate Bush, definitely.

0|1
    0|0
  • Aurora

0|1
    0|0
  • OMG Francois Klark will change ur life

0|1
    0|0
  • Louis Armstrong

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 30

• What is unique about him? I mean, he seems intense (am not familiar with him). But his vocals seem unremarkable to me.

I would nominate someone like Freddie Mercury. Macy Grey is unique too, but I'm not sure I like her voice that much. Same with people like Barry White or Sting. I love that reverb effect put on John Lennon's voice, but I guess that is more a question of production than raw vocals.

0|1
    0|0
    • His voice is unique, haven't heard anyone else quite like him and his screams are out of this world.

• Hope from MazzyStar
    https://youtu.be/2FdP0eS47ts

0|2
    0|0
  • Tom Waits

Runners up:
    John Fogerty
    Louis Armstrong
    Randy Newman
    Nina Simone
    Leon Redbone
    Robert Plant
    Janis Joplin
    Bob Marley

0|1
    0|0
  • Bert McCracken and although I don't like his music Kellin Quinn has an undeniably wide range and good style, for pure uniqueness, I forget his name but the vocalist for HORSE the band

0|1
    0|0
  • Thats a difficult question... for me... but very quickly i ll say if your talking about the difficulty of mimicking their voice. ( David Surkamp ) from pavlovs dog. there's a lot of squeelers out there but he has a wicked high voice...

0|1
    0|0
  • Hanes Keenan is a good one. Axl Rose gets my vote, but it’s tough to pick one.
    Lemmy Kilmister, Rob Hanford, Robert Plant and Chris Cornell are all up there too

0|1
    0|0
  • I really loved Cameron Heacock of American Head Charge very unique voice and a sad story of a band destroyed by drug abuse.

0|1
    0|0
  • Phil Anselmo of Pantera, Down, Superjoint and 1000+ side projects lmao, despite that his voice is kinda shot right now

0|1
    0|0
  • Freddie Mercury of Queen
    Björk
    Frank Sinatra
    Tom Waits
    Etta James
    Billie Holiday
    Shirley Manson of Garbage
    Ann Wilson of Heart

0|1
    0|0
  • Laura Brehm, although she does have instrumental talents.

0|1
    0|0
  • Don't know if he's the most unique, but he's up there. Mike Patton. Amazing range.

0|1
    0|0
  • George Michael. I've never heard anyone sing better live than George Michael.

0|1
    0|0
  • Easily Alex Turner.
    Although Matty Healy is a close second.

0|1
    0|0
  • Björk. But high five for Keenan too.

0|1
    0|0
  • the lead singer of hatebeak is a parrot...

0|1
    0|0
    • I thought that was a joke, but it's actually real O_O definitely unique

• Scatman John

0|1
    0|0
  • Roy Orbison

0|2
    0|0
  • Bryan adams

1|1
    0|0