Who is the worst character in 'Friends'? And why?

I think Rachel is the worst. I only tolerated her because I love Jennifer.

• Rachel Green
    Vote A
  • Chandler Bing
    Vote B
  • Ross Geller
    Vote C
  • Monica Geller
    Vote D
  • Joey Tribbiani
    Vote E
  • Phoebe Buffay
    Vote F
  • Any other, please mention
    Vote G
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
Hahaha lol this Rachel GIF put up by GAG is awesome! 😂😂😂😂😂

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm surprised how many people disliked Ross he was actually my favorite. The worst was Monica she was annoying sometimes but she wasn't terrible

4|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Oh, Ross for sure. He's like the epitome of being a "nice guy". He thinks he's the best guy ever and has had this weird obsession going on for Rachel ever since they were both teenagers. Then when he finally has her it simply isn't good enough, he just wants more. He wants her full attention day and night, and gets upset when Rachel is promoted and beginning to become busier and busier. As if that isn't enough, he then gets super jealous of her co-worker Mark, who even had a girlfriend of his own at that point. He always does his best to start a fight with her over the smallest things, and although Mark eventually broke up with his girlfriend and confessed to Rachel about his feelings, she would have never reciprocated them. This obsessive, entitled and jealous side of him is EXTREMELY off-putting.
    He has very few redeeming qualities, which are reflected in almost all his friendships or relationships. His parents obviously favor him over Monica quite a lot, and he never did anything to really defend her or step up for her. He didn't mind the spotlight at all actually, and would actively choose to make things more difficult for Monica. Such as when he made up a lie about Chandler smoking a joint as a teen (even though he was the one who had smoked) and was very reluctant to tell his parents the truth when Chandler and Monica started dating. Selfish as fuck. And then when Monica got her dad's car because he had accidentally destroyed all her childhood memories, Ross had the nerve to become jealous, as if he deserved the car more than her. Sure, it was kinda ridiculous to get a car, but all his stuff was totally fine and he didn't seem to really need it anyway.
    He can never let things go. He holds quite a lot of resentment towards Carol and Susan, which is pretty understandable in a way, but he never seems to be able to get past it, often making snide remarks towards them both either to their faces or behind their backs. He always wants the final word, as you can see in the "we were on a break" story arch where he just can't seem to swallow his pride, even though he was the one who fucked a girl 2 hours after Rachel wanting to take a break.
    He's whiny, childish, selfish, obsessive, jealous, and probably one of the worst characters with the least amount of development I've ever seen. At least Rachel went from being spoiled to working her ass off and becoming independent. What the fuck did Ross ever do?

1|1
    0|0
    • Lmao I thought you put up the gif! It's pretty spot on actually. Gag is pretending to be Rachel.

• Lmao it's killing me! 😂😂😂 it's definitely spot on! 😂😂

• All the likes for this comment. ALL THE LIKES.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 26

• Ross was too pathetic and whiny, and just not sympathetic like the others. Of the girls, I would say Rachel (note, however, that Courtney Cox and Lisa Kudrow did great acting jobs on the show).

0|0
    0|1
  • Rachel was the worst.

The way she treated Ross sometimes just made me think of what a narcissist she was.

1|0
    0|0
    • Yes I agree I think not only Rachel but the show depicted upon how an average group of young adult friends would be in the mid to late 90s I don't necessarily agree with too much of how they treated certain situations now that I look back and compare to how things are now or do I think anyone should.

• I disliked Jennifer and Rachel so together they are horrible, Matthew P. is annoying but his character was good and was unsure on Ross. Phobe and Joey for the win!

0|0
    0|0
  • Ross was a mess. Jennifer I find tedious and flat footed now, back then Rachel was OK.
    I'm trying to remember why I even watched it, frankly.

0|1
    0|0
  • I had a tough time deciding..
    But i deffinitely know who amuses me most.. Chandler. He is damn hilarious 😃

0|0
    0|0
  • all of them such a boring no meaning show death to all the cast !!

2|0
    1|0
  • I think I always found Ross to be annoying.
    I don't know what it is...
    He just didn't make me laugh

1|0
    0|0
  • Nobody, its their eccentricity that had made the series a big hit.. Everybody is perfect..

0|1
    0|0
  • Joey was a somewhat funny charicature; the other two male roles are useless, as is the show itself.

0|0
    1|0
  • Ross was just a tag along cause he had no other friends.
    Phoebe was the best

0|0
    1|1
  • Lmao rachel too she's so bad and unnecessary

1|0
    0|0
  • Rachel def

1|0
    0|0
  • rachel by far

1|0
    0|0
  • I like every character in that show

2|0
    0|0
  • Gunther. FUCK Gunther.

0|1
    0|0
  • Ross was the worst. So pathetic.

0|0
    2|0
  • Janet

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't like any of them

0|0
    0|0
  • Tbh the whole show

0|0
    0|0
  • Great show. Everyone was funny n perfect

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 17

• Ross because he's such a weak character

0|0
    0|0
  • I liked Monica the least. She is so over controlling, competitive obsessive and annoying. The way she freaked out about smallest shits are so annoying! Ughhhh. I understand she has OCD but coe on, she needs to take a lot of chill pills. *eyeroll*

2|1
    0|0
    • Yeah Monica can be really annoying sometimes and so can Chandler so their pairing never really worked out for me.

• Rachel... She was always so self-involved and didn't care much for others...
    I just can't relate to that + those kinds of people really annoy me.

(She annoys me less now that I'm older, though... But I used to REALLY dislike her.)

1|0
    0|0
  • Monica Geller to me, i found her kind of annoying lol.

1|0
    0|0
  • Honestly, I don't know. I remember watching some episodes of friends but I was never into it. Did they ever do something with Phoebe? I know she was suppose to be the ditzy friend of the group I suppose.

0|0
    0|0
  • I always disliked Phoebe.
    Joey annoyed me because he was so stupid plus he doesn't share food, but he has some good scenes.
    Ross was also super whiney, but all the episodes that centered on him were great, so he's my favourite.

0|0
    0|0
  • Monica. Yesterday I watched the episode where she has a fit at Rachel for "stealing her thunder" and it made me hate her all over again.

0|0
    0|0
  • I like Rachel cause she seems to be the most normal

0|0
    0|1
  • Maybe Monica? I dont dislike any of them, but she is the one I like the least.

Rachel was my favorite. I loved every episode with her and Ross's relationship.

0|0
    0|0
  • Ross is pathetic. I believe David Schwimmer is too.

0|1
    0|0
  • The whole point is all of them are awful people and that's why they're the only friends they have.

0|0
    0|0
  • I loved Rachel. I did like all of them except for Ross

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know why but that show never intrigued me. rather watch office, family guy, Cleveland show, big bang theory

0|0
    0|0
  • I always founf Phoebe the most annoying.

0|0
    0|0
  • Definitely Ross. Such a passive-aggressive whiner!

0|0
    0|0
  • Phoebe, she's fucken annoying and not funny.

0|0
    1|0
  • Ross!

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes