Any celebrities ever ruin their reputation with you based off the characters they play? If so, who?

Any celebrities ever ruin their reputation with you based off the characters they play? If so, who?I love Leonardo Dicaprio but everytime i see him in a movie now, im 99% sure his character will die lol. Gets on my dang nerves.

I can't stand Kevin Bacon. I honestly try to avoid movies with him. he's like 99% of the time ALWAYS the bad guy in my eyes anyways. I hated him in Wild Things and in The River Wild, but i actually think he made a good Hollow Man. Still unlikeable though haha. I refuse to watch the first Footloose and Flatiners because i can't stand the site of him.

And omg i can't stand the guy who played the green goblin, Willem Defoe. He creeps me out in everything i see him in. Same goes for Gary Busey and Clifton Powell. Im sorry but their characters literally make me dislike them forreal (not as if they care haha).

Then we have the women... Amy schumer is so unlikeable to me. Nonfunny hoe. Then there's Paula Patton. Every guy thinks she's hot blah blah blah maybe she is but her characters are always whiney bratty babies. she's about as annoying as Kerry Washington (Scandal really ruined her for me). And that gosh darn Kristen stewart! How is she even an actress. Just bland af. Oh yea and Angelina Jolie and Jennifer Garner are good actresses but i just dislike their characters because i dislike them in real life for being homewrecking hoes. Hypocritical of me considering it took a while to get over Ben Affleck and im still into Brad Pitt.

Im sure there's more i could list, But at the end of the day, they must be good convincing actors if we hate their characters so much haha.
#CallMeAHater #CelebsWeHateToLove
Updates:
I actually liked the goofy lookin boy in We’re the Millers but his role in Detroit absolutely ruined him for me. I honestly will never understand how celebs can be so desperate to take on any kind of racist or terrorist role.

Everytime i see Larenz Tate in a movie i assume he's either gonna die or be a playboy.

Samuel Jackson is a great actor but just always unlikeable character to me.

Hmm... who else

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• I can't sit through a whole movie if Jennifer Lawrence is the leading role. I've tried and I can't.
    Changing Tatum is a whiny ass and I refuse to watch anymore of his movies, even if he does get to do Gambit.
    Will Smith needs to just stop trying to reinvent himself. Either retire or stick to drama films.

3|1
    0|0
    • Lmao yea i only liked Jen in the first Hunger Games. Unlikeable in everything else. Channing was only likeable in she's the Man. Annoys me in everything else. I like Will Smih but his last good movie for me was prob I Robot. Everything I am legend and up was blah. He looks too old

• Show All
    • Now if only they would stop changing lore/story plots to make the movies different... That's my biggest gripe. ie, airbender

• MARRY ME!

This man is my soul mate when it comes to Jennifer Lawrence. xD

Most Helpful Girls

• I can't stand many. Ahahah. You’re not alone. The list may look like i am a hateful person but i really have reasons for each to not like lol. The list goes like this:

Angelina Jolie
    Julia Roberts
    Sandra Bullock
    Kristen Stewart
    Jennifer Lawrence
    Elisha Cuthbert
    Jennifer Garner
    Gywneth Paltrow
    Dallas Howard Bryce
    Lindsay Lohan

Adam Sandler
    Nicholas Cage
    Jeremy Renner
    Brendan Fraser
    Ben Affleck
    Matt Damon
    Tom Cruise
    Zac Efron
    Stephen Collins
    Charlie Sheen
    Mel Gibson.

1|0
    0|0
    • I agree with all except Sandra, Elisha, Nicholas, and Tom. Why them? And lol jeremy messed himself up as Dahmer and Mel messed himself up in real life

• Kate winslet and Tom Cruise. Kate pissed me off in Titanic and after numerous Mission Impossible movies, I get sick of seeing ol’ dude in any movie... except Top Gun.
    Also maybe Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson since Twilight is pretty cringeworthy. The book was better.
    As for Samuel Jackson... eh I didn’t like him in Kingsmen:The Secret Service. Him and the blade legged girl just irked my nerves through 50% of the movie

1|1
    0|0
    • I love tom but omg can't stand to see Kae in anything. And lol i dont like Samuel in anything as well as Kristen

• He’s good but some of the movies he’s in is gettin my dragged out. Like transformers for example. I love the movie but it should’ve stopped at the 2nd or third movie if anything

• *gets dragged out

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 30

• I just can't take Lindsay Lohan serious anymore even in her older movies.. Agree with Amy Schumer and Kristen Stewart!

Hayden Christensen was a promising actor, but Star Wars and Jumper just ruined him..

1|0
    0|0
    • Lmao you're like the 4th person to mention Hayden. Haha that bad huh? And yea Lindsay shpuldve given up. Just My luck was her last good movie

• Show All
    • They got somethings right in the prequels.. A better realization of the Jedi powers, and better choreography.. Cause the news one suck at that.. I heard the last Jedi wasn't much better with it..

• Sure.. Last Jedi choreography is bit better than Force Awakens, but as a movie it's much worse.

• Emma Watson and a few others but it’s not their roles that bother me, it’s some statements they make that tend to tarnish their reputation.

1|0
    1|0
  • I don't judge them by the roles they play

1|0
    0|0
  • Well every time I see an actor in a sex scene that's fairly explicit, or in a gay scene I always see them differently.. Even though it's acting.. LOL.. You still gettin fairly physical wit a person.. As for a certain character they play, well I just chalk it down to great actin if I don't like them... But no character has ever ruined an actor for me especially since I wannabe an actor.

1|0
    0|0
    • OMG YES! Brokeback Mountain ruined Jake Gyllanhael and Heath Ledger for me. Its hard to see The guy playin Wally West on the Flash as straighht cause he played a gay ballerina. Its hard to see the guy on Will & Grace as straight. James Franco is another one and Nick Jonas

• Well, Jake Gyllenhaal has redeemed himself in my eyes with the roles I've seen him in.. Heath Ledger well... Him too in a way mainly cause of the Joker... But I feel like I can see them as straight just not the same.. LOL.. Will Smith did it too with Six Degrees of Separation.. LOL.. Although I don't know about Jame Franco.. I think that guy is just a pervert.. Although I still like him in some way..

• Oh only one person the chick who played Louis in the man of steel a couple years ago I loved the movie but hated the girl playing Louis I think she was terrible and really didn't even look like a Louis to me she looks more like a Vicky or something but yea that's the only one who comes to kind as of now

1|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn’t say ruin, but sometimes an actor can play a character so well that when you see them in other movies or shows you have a hard time not seeing them as that character.

For instance David Schwimmer is a good actor but it’s still difficult for me to think of him as anything other than Ross from Friends.

1|0
    0|0
    • Bt he plays the same characer in almost everything except for that AMC show haah

• In band of brothers he plays a good drill sergeant

• Not so much by a character they play but by them opening their mouths saying we do not know what is good for ourselves. Them with armed body guards protection. Or saying that they know our struggle excuse me you made 7 figures off one movie or 5 figures of one commercial. And they try to tell me their struggle is real. Wake up dumb ass most people in this country are happy to make 4 figures every two weeks. That would be 1000.00 every two weeks take home pay.

1|0
    0|0
  • Hayden Christensen and Natalie Portman because of Star Wars. The screenwriting was terrible for their characters, and they seem to be chronically be cast in bad roles, like in Thor or Jumper. Even though I don't think they themselves are bad actors, I honestly can't tell, because they consistently seem to have bad roles or aren't able to play those characters well.

1|0
    0|0
    • I didn't like Natalie in Black Swan and she annoyed me in Leon The Professional

• Not so much because the characters they play but I tend to avoid anything with Melissa McCarthy or that Mindy chick and if Rhianna is a main character in something I avoid that like the plague

1|0
    0|0
  • Taylor Swift ruined not only her reputation but her style and her looks. Her pop songs suck and she looks terrible!!!

3|0
    0|0
    • Lmao i like her songs but she is annoyin

• Show All
    • Have you heard The End Game?

• Omg the part where she says “Biig reputation, bug reputation oooh” like ruined the song so bad

• Hayden Christenssen is the one I can think of really because of Star Wars and Looper which kinda ruined his career despite not really being his fault. I personally didn't mind him

1|0
    0|0
    • Lol evrryone saud him

• Haha I didn't notice till now, tbh I think in Star Wars it was mostly the writing and not him. I liked all the scenes with him when the lines weren't cringy, and with Looper I don't think it was a bad film. Just not that great either lol

• Samuel L. Jackson is the only example I can think of off the top of my head. But I hate feeling like an actor's cast is a spoiler. i. e. Ed Harris ALWAYS PLAYING THE VILLAIN... you literally know, even if he's playing a "good guy" that he must be the traitor. So there are those kinds of issues. None the less he's an excellent actor, I just don't enjoy watching movies with him for the most part because you know the spoiler that "oh no! Ed Harris' character is a BAD GUY?" yeah no duh of course he is. (That was my major problem with the movie Geostorm).

1|0
    0|0
    • Lol ikr. But geostorm was a disappointment altogether. I was hopin it would be like san andreas or day after tomorrow.

• Show All
    • Oh theyre all the same director?

• I believe so. At least the director of Geostorm is the same as the guy who directed 2012. I think he did day after tomorrow as well. I could be wrong though.

• I wonder if Willem Dafoe had that same voice growing up. I mean, he must have been bullied mercilessly.

1|0
    0|0
    • Also, for some reason I'm not enjoying Kevin Spacey as much anymore.

• Show All
    • He seemed like a perve wanting his daughters friend

• (Most) men are pervs.

• I hate to say it, but yes. Even when I know they are just portraying a character and it's not really them. They can just be a terrible character that makes you hate them so bad, you hate the actor. One example for me was Joaquin Phoenix. His role in Gladiator poisoned his image for me forever. I also can't stand Adam Driver anymore after seeing him as Kylo Ren. Basically, smug roles where the character is irrational and overly cocky, and justifies everything they do with ambiguous terms like "I know what I have to do". Arrogance in general bothers me, so seeing it on screen turns me off instantly, and consistently arrogant characters from an actor lose my respect pretty quick. Iwan Rheon's role in Marvel's Inhumans is a perfect example. He kept alluding to what he's "trying to do" like he has some master plan, which he didn't. So smug, even when he was left alone on the moon, still calling himself king.

1|0
    0|0
  • The guy that played Anakin Skywalker in the 2-3 star wars movies

2|0
    0|0
  • I've worked in a place where I've met a lot of (dodgy, insignificant, old UK) celebrities, so it's been there actual personalities that have changed my opinion, whether for the negative or the positive lol

1|0
    0|0
    • If you need any minor Uk celebrity scandals I'm your man! lol

• i dont know if this applies but i really dislike Janeane Garofalo. i hate people who think that because they are a celebrity their opinion us worth more than others. but she may be living that down finally

1|0
    0|0
  • Jim from the office, he played the lawyer in the movie Chicago

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't really go with the bad boys and normally I don't even like to know them am more into the funny ones like Jackie Chan, Samuel l Jackson, Kevin hart 😂😂

1|0
    0|0
  • Characters are characters. They're not real. Weird question.

1|0
    2|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 14

• I don’t dislike people for the roles they take since a job is a job but I will dislike them for their personal choices.

1|2
    0|0
  • Gerrit Graham has been in a lot of bad movies, so it's hard to take him seriously. However, I LOVE Samuel L. Jackson, especially in 187 and the new Star Wars movies.

1|0
    0|0
  • Kirsten dunst annoys me. ever since bring it on her face and teeth irritate me.

gab union attitude bother me. she's really like her character in "deliver us from Eva"

rihanna can't act

Angelina jolie-any movie with her annoys me

Jlo-cannot act

1|0
    0|0
    • I liked kirsten but she was an annoyin mary jane. Omg i hated Gab Union in so much but i looked up to her toughness at the same time. she's so weak in her movies and shows today. FINALLY SOMEONE ELSE SAID ANGELINA! But noooo i love JLo

• Mhm I do not think that they are any, but when celebrities play a really famous character like James Bond, everyone will always remember them as "The actor that played that"

1|0
    0|0
    • Haha true ig but i remember Pierce and Daniel for so many other movies

• Keifer Sutherland.

His roles in An Eye For An Eye and A Time To Kill made me hate him. Lol I refuse to watch anything else with him in it.

1|0
    0|0
  • Jim Carrey in his early comedies like Dumb and Dumber

1|0
    0|0
  • Ok, but have you seen Josh Peck in Mean Creek? I saw that movie one time and hated his character so much that I refuse to watch that movie ever again.

1|0
    0|0
    • Omg yes i hated that movie! So glad he lost that weight. but i also hated his character had to die. Rn its hard for me cause the guy who played the older bro on that movie is playin on this lifetime movie rn as a school shooter. Its hard for me cause i loved Trevor Morgan in Barney and Jurassic Park and The Glass House :(

• Hmmm... I'm not sure but I agree with you about Kristen Stewart. Dude her acting doesn't do it for me at all

1|0
    0|0
  • Blair Underwood (he played his role in Asunder too damn good)
    Clifton Powell (pinky from Friday)

1|0
    0|0
    • Lol i mentioned Clifton Powell above too! I hated him in Woman Thou Art Loosed. And omg Blair used to be fine but Madea and Asunder ruined him! As well as his role in Just Cause

• No. I've actually had the reverse where celebs will act crazy and ruin their characters/artistry for me. I remember how turned off I was from Chris Brown's music when I saw Rihanna's face, for example. There are a number of other examples too. That was just my first realization that all celebrities put on a persona and that the people I thought I loved (because I adored their art) were a bunch of strangers putting on a show.

I'd only dislike a celeb's work if they were putting out crappy content.

1|0
    0|0
  • The guy who plays Mr. bean haha

1|0
    0|0
  • Nah, just when they ruin their rep in real life.

1|0
    0|0
  • I. a. Adam Sandler.

1|0
    0|0
  • I dont care about the actors so nope.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes