Rap music impressions?

What do you think about rap? Do you see it as a genre of the criminals (a lot of people think so) or as a realistic life lesson genre (personally I do)?

36

Most Helpful Girl

• Depends on the rapper - some of them have never lived in "da hood" a day of their lives, but perpetuate those ideas to seem "cool" and "hard."

Meh.

I watched my neighbors get gunned down in a drive-by at 12yrs old - not something cool to rap about honestly.

It irritates me that grown adults impress that kind of hood/thug/criminal ideology onto the youth - not that metal / rock doesn't do the same (drugs, sex, rebellion, rock n roll-)

Not all of it - if artists realized how powerful music really is, and their influence, they could really perpetuate good morals and such.

Lol no lie - I hung with the rap cliques, metalheads, some emos, goths, and suburban, nerdy good kids in school.

So I could totally do drugs, sneak alcohol into school at lunch time, be aggressive/ crazy with the "bad" kids who listened to death metal or thug rap, but had to be kosher and goody with the nerdy kids only listening to pop or soft core music - lol their parents didn't allow "mature music" for a lot of them.

Music can influence a bad mindset, suicidal thoughts / actions, criminal behavior, sexual behavior etc.

Major genres are rap and rock definitely.

Some death metal... okay most lol... even condones child sacrifice and mass murder.

• That is today's (c) rap. I would rather mention the old school (90s and beginning of 00s). They didn't ask for being famous, they just wrote verses…
      I agree it is not for everyone, a lot of people do it just to get much more fans.

• Oh I see, yeah old school rap had more soul for sure, actually perpetuated good values (70ish % of the time.) Of course there were the booty shakin songs, but thats unavoidable 😂

You have to dig around for some fulfilling, real rap nowadays, mainstream rap has gotten eh.

Most Helpful Guy

• I absolutely love the genre. From the high BPM beats with the fast hats to the rapping. From Quavo to Denzel Curry. Pretty much the only genre I listen to rn. I like how melodic mumble rap is, as I see rapping/singing as just a melodic addition to a track. I also like making trap style beats myself on a simple free app lol, when I’m older and living on my own I’m looking on getting FL studio 12 etc to even further improve on making beats etc so I can maybe even sell them