What is your opinion on Women getting paid the same as Men with Tennis?

At Wimbledon
Men do five sets
Women do three sets..
Why should they get paid the same for doing less? (this isn't a recent thing, just curious to see what people think of this)
The Women were unhappy with this so demanded equal pay but do less sets it bothers me because i don't understand why anyone should get paid the same for doing less, what do you think.. are you for or against this?

849

Most Helpful Guy

• Absolutely against it. They do less so they shouldn't get paid the same that in and of itself is good enough reason not to do it. You also need to take into account draw, how big the audience is determines how much money they make so if women are drawing more people (highly unlikely as in almost every sport men have a significantly greater draw) then maybe you could have an argument (again, I doubt that's the case) but otherwise no this is discrimination because the men do more (and probably draw a bigger audience) and thus should have greater pay then the woman.

Most Helpful Girl

• 3 sets is not what women demand in this set. It is based off of a bias that women are physically not as strong as men to play certain sports. it is not forced by females to play less earn more style.

It should be based on how much Money audiEnce etc each side is bringing. However i have seen a lot of articles saying that williams sisters and some other tennis players like old legends graff navratilove henin clijsters davenport also make the sport almost as enjoyable and popular. And the number of audience gets as close. One article i found on the issue is this:

www.google.com.tr/.../equal-pay-tennis-djokovic-williams

• FYI, i am a huge fan of tennis, and i’ve seen live wimbledon and us open games

• I know I'm right because the men pull more viewers than the women overall. If you look that the ratings for the last 20 Grand Slams... I'm sure the men had the most viewers in at least 16 of them. As I said., I watch tennis religiously and play it too... I also have no problem with the women getting the same pay.

Nice chat... have a good night 😊

• But on average men ARE physically stronger than women, wouldn’t you agree.