Why do you think Shows like Rugrats, Rockos Modern Life, Hey Arnold, and Ren and Stimpy are becoming more popular now than they were in their heyday?

I have noticed lately store like Hot Topic, Target, Spencer’s, Walmart and even Nickelodeon themselves are big on the whole Nostalgia and revival bandwagon. I have noticed these shows are becoming more popular than they were in the 90s even among kids of the modern age do you think it’s just Nostalgia or could it really be because they were better?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I think because people only tend to value things once they're gone

0|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Guy

• Because the stuff they put out today is garbage & people are looking to the past for entertainment. Shows like Ren & Stimpy were weird, wacky, & sometimes pushed the boundaries of acceptability in childrens' cartoons. The shows today will take no risks, are increasingly prone to coddle & condescend to the youth, they are really dumb in their writing, etc. Any show that tries to look whacky today, to me at least, it just comes off as whack. It's very contrived & milquetoast

0|2
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 4

• Because the new cartoons are garbage! I show my kids the old stuff.

1|1
    0|0
  • Because the toons these days are really stupid.

0|1
    0|0
  • Because they ones they make now are boring.

0|1
    0|0
  • its cause its considered retro

0|1
    0|1

What Guys Said 18

• There was a long survey that was sent out to a lot of people asking them what things they thought are coming back, which things should be coming back and such. Classics usually don't fade if they were actually good and retro can be a lot of fun and really entertaining.

0|2
    0|0
  • Things cater to millennial for the same reason they cater to baby boomers. There are a lot of them. That’s it. Boomers were convinced they must have been the most interesting generation ever because media was always aimed -at them- And now the same thing with their kids.

0|2
    0|0
  • The new stuff is pure trash , name 4 good cartoon show on tv right now if you can. All the old stuff was way better I always like them but can't watch reruns forever.

0|1
    0|0
  • Because new stuff is trash. These shows are classic and have good entertainment.

0|2
    0|0
  • There's a quality cartoon drought. There are some good shows but the majority are crappy.

0|1
    0|0
  • I have no idea what those shows are. Never watched.

0|0
    0|0
  • oh kids nowadays discovered what is to be hipster. just that.

0|0
    0|1
  • grew up on this shit. and I dont see it anywhere these days. so I dont get the question

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, 90's nostalgia is big right now.

0|2
    0|0
  • Because cartoons now are conservative and suck

0|2
    0|0
  • Probably better than what’s out now

0|1
    0|0
  • it's both nostalgia and because they're better

0|1
    0|0
  • New stuff is lame

0|1
    0|0
  • the new stuff isn't worth coopetition

1|1
    0|0
  • You can never beat the classics

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't think so

0|0
    0|0
  • Because the new shows absolutely suck?

0|0
    0|0
  • They were better than the cartoons now

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes