Why do you think Shows like Rugrats, Rockos Modern Life, Hey Arnold, and Ren and Stimpy are becoming more popular now than they were in their heyday?

I have noticed lately store like Hot Topic, Target, Spencer’s, Walmart and even Nickelodeon themselves are big on the whole Nostalgia and revival bandwagon. I have noticed these shows are becoming more popular than they were in the 90s even among kids of the modern age do you think it’s just Nostalgia or could it really be because they were better?

519

Most Helpful Girl

• I think because people only tend to value things once they're gone

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Guy

• Because the stuff they put out today is garbage & people are looking to the past for entertainment. Shows like Ren & Stimpy were weird, wacky, & sometimes pushed the boundaries of acceptability in childrens' cartoons. The shows today will take no risks, are increasingly prone to coddle & condescend to the youth, they are really dumb in their writing, etc. Any show that tries to look whacky today, to me at least, it just comes off as whack. It's very contrived & milquetoast

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE