Why do Catholic schools always have such good basketball programs?

My friend's son plays for a Catholic school in New Jersey, and they are like phenomenal at basketball.
Why does everybody keep bashing Catholic priests? Most are not pedophiles.

519

Most Helpful Guy

• The reason for calling out catholic priest is not because of the men who don't. It's the staggering percentage of those who do, and the documented way the church kept it quiet and did not actually take action against the predetors who were priests. There is proof, that the church knew about the high percentage and had tactics to keep it from the public eye.

A few bad examples is one thing, it's when the whole organization accepts it happens hides it instead of condemning it. I don't care how good that basketball program is when at least 20% of the team has been molested or sexually assaulted by the priests. No amount of praying or hail Mary's can take away the fact the church enables child abuse. It's disgusting, and a great example of how religious organizations do more harm then they are worth. Personal spirituality is a choice, a church that can effect politics, dodge taxes and get away with hiding years of systematic abuse is a blot on society

Most Helpful Girl

• Catholic schools over all have a better curriculum offering a broader range than other schools... most catholic schools hold higher outstanding rates than most other schools