What's your guilty pleasure music?

For me, it's this genre of trashy but catchy love/heart-break songs that seem to mostly be made by obscure Asian artists. Or so the instagram filtered thumbnail/video pictures seem to portray. Always of young, trendy, couples or angsty singles contemplating something.

The songs themselves generally came out from 2009-2012, so when I was 17-20. A tender time in my life when things were fresh and new and I still carried with me the teenage idea of love being everything.

I guess I liked them back then because during my junior year, I had this fatty crush on this one Asian girl who moved away before the school year ended. Good times: teenage infatuation. Ja ja

Now when I listen to them, I'm just flooded with nostalgia from when I was 17-20, when I felt that young adult desire for love because it was THE Thing to be part of. Oh to be young. Ja ja

But yeah, that's my guilty pleasure music.

What's yours?

Here are some examples:

(I'm sorry, I know these are bad --- ja ja)

"Practice" by Nexx Chapter.

"I'm Sorry" by Selina Xiong

"Tell Me" by Kev Miles.

"You & Me" by Loick Essien.

"Back in Time" by Mike D

"Beautiful Breakup" by Latif.

You can find these under iAsianbeats on YouTube.

53

Most Helpful Girl

• Every single song under my “ current favorites “ playlist. Or occasionally mood songs, 80s, bands, r&b, and such. I listen to a broad variety so I guess it’s really what I’m up to feeling. I don’t really have a favorite song that sticks with me for a long period of time because I usually listen to it so much it gets tiring overtime. But either way I love music! Really depends on what I’m feeling.

Most Helpful Guy

• Sabrina Carpenter, Ariana Grande, and pretty much any rock song from the 50s and 60s. Those are the music I sometimes listen to despite not really thinking that they're good.
    I also have a thing for country but that's just because it's often so terrible that it's good.