Do you think Hollywood is currently obsessed with superhero movies and sequels?

Honestly it's getting very annoying. πŸ˜‘πŸ˜‘πŸ˜‘

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• I think Hollywood is focused on making shitty movies. The reasoning behind it is for profits and that's why Hollywood sucks. Every time a movie is made without mucking up the artistic direction with executive oversight or budget constraints a classic movie gets made.

These superhero movies are easy to make so they get pumped out for the specific demographic that buys them. These movies are not aimed at the fanboys, in fact many of the top executives have publicly told the fans that their input is considered overbearing and extraneous. Nothing like having years of culture usurped by studios with too much money, blithering idiot fanboys, and an industry that could not give two shits about creating visual art over profit margin.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Obviously. It's the era of comic adaptation becoming movies. There was a time where cowboy movies were the norm & most popular, now it's superhero, & in the future it'll be gone & replaced with something new.
    It's about trends. What makes most money.

0|0
    0|0
    • It repeats. When I was young, comic adaption was already present. Nothing new. Also cowboy movies were fashionable for three times since the 1960s. Hollywood just ran out of stories, That's why they take shelter in comics. The guys making those are obviously more creative than the bloated hollywood movie industry.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 34

• They sell so it's an easy cashgrab for them :/...

1|0
    0|0
  • It has been for many years, I'm afraid. If you want good films, go for French, or Polish.

1|1
    0|0
  • They are incapable of artistic vision and will endlessly repeat the same escapism so long as they can make money.

Our fault for watching their nonsense

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah and we all know that they follow the money. I think it would be interesting for them to do more of the characters that are not as mainstream, like Dr. Fate or the Question, or even Deadman.

1|0
    0|0
  • its just not about that but, if you notice, avengers is getting boring now, because in every part of avengers, some villain is trying to take over the city, which is getting really boring now.

1|0
    0|0
  • I like them, but i watch only like 10% of them. Sooner or later, people will realize that indie movies are the cool thing, and hollywood is an empty, broken shell

0|1
    0|0
    • I'm watching european movies. No superheros, but lot's of life.

• That's why, I prefer anime. Hollywood movies lack character development. I even liked the Spider man animated series more than the movie.

1|0
    0|0
  • I would rather watch them than movies about billboards in America...

The media in general isn't very good in my opinion..

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, but it's what's in right now and its selling. For example the black panther movie is allowing people to pre order tickets, this movie has out sold every previous marvel movie. Its estimated to sell 130 million on higher opening week.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yogurt from Spaceballs said it best " God willing we will all be back in Spaceball2: The Search for more Money"

0|0
    0|0
  • Comic book movies are one of the biggest, most popular things in pop culture right now. If not the most popular. I understand why they're making so many.

0|0
    0|0
  • They're obsessed with money and CG effects are cheap while the finished product sells well.
    Just watch movies that aren't from Hollywood.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because they kick ass. There are plenty of other movies to watch if you don’t like good movies though.

0|0
    0|0
  • No they're obsessed with making money, and that's what makes money right now

1|0
    0|0
  • Honestly I didn't go to a movie for years. Nothing interesting for a while

1|0
    0|0
  • No screen writings all need to be canned. They are all out of fresh ideas. They try to relive off of older stories and movies

0|0
    0|0
  • Honestly @nadia1994 its a dream come true for me. May the keep making more.
    They are making all other kind of movies

0|0
    0|0
  • If you don't like them, don't watch them.

0|0
    1|1
  • Currently? Since ever.

1|0
    0|0
    • Hahaha yeah I realised that after posting the question πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• Show All
    • Yes 😝🀣

• It's so annoying that it looks like indoctrination and not entertainmment. A very odd thing about it is, that those superheros are here to fight the problems caused by themselves. It's like dropping bombs on a country and then go there and handing out band aids.

• Yes, I am annoyed too

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes, it is

1|0
    0|0
  • Lack of good stories

1|1
    0|0
  • theyre obsessed with money

1|0
    0|0
  • I think... yes.

1|0
    0|0
  • yes because people buy this trash.

1|0
    0|0
  • Seems that way. I also find it boring.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes.

1|0
    0|0
  • I agree

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes it's very bad

1|0
    0|0
  • It's the era of the nerds/geeks/dorks.

1|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 3

• No. It’s just marvel. They have to continue the series. They are the best

0|0
    1|0
    • Hahaha lol DC movies are hardly made. Just Batman and Superman. Marvel constitutes the majority. So yeah they are obsessed with superhero movies.

• Yes. I agree, it's pretty annoying.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes, but I don't mind.

0|0
    0|0
    • You should mind your head, dear.

• Show All
    • Nice of you. I appreciate :D

• Lmao πŸ‘πŸ‘

Recommended myTakes