Do you think Hollywood is currently obsessed with superhero movies and sequels?

Honestly it's getting very annoying. πŸ˜‘πŸ˜‘πŸ˜‘

435

Most Helpful Guy

• I think Hollywood is focused on making shitty movies. The reasoning behind it is for profits and that's why Hollywood sucks. Every time a movie is made without mucking up the artistic direction with executive oversight or budget constraints a classic movie gets made.

These superhero movies are easy to make so they get pumped out for the specific demographic that buys them. These movies are not aimed at the fanboys, in fact many of the top executives have publicly told the fans that their input is considered overbearing and extraneous. Nothing like having years of culture usurped by studios with too much money, blithering idiot fanboys, and an industry that could not give two shits about creating visual art over profit margin.

Most Helpful Girl

• Obviously. It's the era of comic adaptation becoming movies. There was a time where cowboy movies were the norm & most popular, now it's superhero, & in the future it'll be gone & replaced with something new.
    It's about trends. What makes most money.

• It repeats. When I was young, comic adaption was already present. Nothing new. Also cowboy movies were fashionable for three times since the 1960s. Hollywood just ran out of stories, That's why they take shelter in comics. The guys making those are obviously more creative than the bloated hollywood movie industry.