From a psychological standpoint, why are we obsessed with horror movies?

32

Most Helpful Girl

• I’d like to know myself. Maybe it’s the “scare factor.” I’m not into horror movies... not because they scare me but 9 times out of 10 they have this stupid ass plot line and horrible acting and I just can’t get past it.

• I agree totes!

• Lmao!! See that just sounds corny. I feel like I’d just get up after the movie disappointed that I wasted my time and/or money.

• I think it was Devil and think God I didn't see it in theaters

Most Helpful Guy

• i dont like horror movies that much, but i think people are obsessed with it because when you are feeling lonely, watch a horror movie, and you won't be feeling lonely.

• I'm not just talking about your basic suspense/horror such as Get Out, I'm referring to the true gory ones like Saw and IT

• saw isn't horror as much as it is, thriller and suspense, i think people like it because of the mystery story part

• Its true horror filled with blood and guts. I saw Jigsaw and it is as brutal as they come.