Do you think The Dark Knight Rises ruined a great duology?

I think TDKR was pathetic compared to Batman Begins and The Dark Knight. The movie was a yawn fest. It was sooo long and boring. There were only a few exciting bits in it. Also, I absolutely hated how Nolan used almost the entire Inception cast in it. 😂😂😂

It clearly seemed like he was forced to make a third movie to complete a trilogy. Honestly, he should've just left it at the The Dark Knight. Your thoughts?
Updates:
For those who're saying Joker (Heath) was going to be in the third one, I have no idea about that. I just read that Nolan wanted to end it at The Dark Knight. He didn't wanna make a sequel.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah it was a total bummer and disappointment :( wasn't a bad film, but it was just so weak compared to the first two and especially The Dark Knight

1|0
    0|0
    • Yeah that's why he should've just ended it at The Dark Knight.

Most Helpful Girl

• I watched only the first two. After the 2nd, for some reason i didn't feel the need to watch the third.

1|0
    0|0
    • Smart decision! 😎

• Show All
    • Lol thanks for the advice. I most definitely won't watch it now.

• No problem 😊😊

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 28

• it was impossible to live up to the dark knight. just impossible. ledger's turn as joker was iconic. so i think the dark knight rises was something of a disappointment but i'd imagine if you could watch it without any thought of the dark knight it would be better

it's kind of like godfather 3. in regards to the first two it looks like crap but as a stand alone movie it is actually good

0|0
    0|0
  • I loved the movie xD I think the dark Knight came with a sense of hopelessness which I just didn't like. I thought the portayal of bane was excellent. I found every actor chosen for their role made sense and did an excellent job. The drama was arguably the best part. The yawn fest I think is because of how poorly the fights were coreographed. I wish they'd continued with the series and done a night wing movie.

0|0
    0|0
    • Nah not the fights. It was the slow pacing of the movie.

• Show All
    • Lol fair enough. I think it was a good movie and we'll paced for the most part but... there was so much to live up to after the dark Knight that was impossible to replicate.

• I agree. That's why it was best to end it on The Dark Knight.

• I disagree. I think it did drag on a bit and there were a few frustratingly obvious lapses in logic and plot, but I think overall, it was a strong end to the story arc. Even if he didn't want to do it, there were too many things that needed to be resolved.

And the only guys from Inception who were in TDKR were Michael Caine, Tom Hardy, and Joseph Gordon-Levitt. Yeah, Cillian Murphy was in it, but it was only a cameo.

0|0
    0|0
    • You're forgetting Marion Cotillard as Talia Al Ghul. So yeah there were "only" 5 people from the Inception cast in the movie. You gotta admit that looked ridiculous.

All these people played major roles in Inception. It's like Nolan didn't put in any effort for the casting of TDKR. Another reason why the movie looked forced.

• Forgot about her. Even so, I can't admit anything.

Quite frankly, I don't see what's wrong with a director choosing actors that he knows and has worked with before.

• I enjoyed TDKR but the original plan would have been another Joker movie before the tragic death of Heath Ledger and I feel that would have been a much better film.
    I think it worked well though. The final 20 minutes or so were pretty lame and I feel a darker ending would have been more fitting.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm glad he finished the trilogy and whilst it wasn't as good you can't really blame him when it's obvious I wouldve been in 3 had poor heath not died. It's good and I think ties off the trilogy albeit not as strong as it could've plus there's a lot of holes in it. We'll never know what mighta been

0|0
    0|0
  • I totally disagree with you, I thought that TDKR was stronger than Batman Begins. Making his Batman a trilogy provided the sense of closure that Bruce needed to move on from fighting for a Gotham that had abused him. It also allowed a logical segue into Robin's story, which I believe that series sorely needed.

0|0
    0|0
    • Of course. Everyone has different opinions 😊 But I really don't think TDKR was stronger than BB. Most people will agree.

• Well what about it did you not like?

• Lol almost everything. It was very slow paced. We had already seen Batman up against his greatest foe i. e. Joker so how can any other villain possibly compete with that? Joker should've been in the final film of the series. It's very obvious that Nolan wanted to end the series with the Dark Knight hence he used Joker in it.

I hated how Nolan used almost the entire Inception cast in the movie. It's like he didn't put in any effort for the casting of TDKR. Another reason why the movie looked forced. The action sequences were choreographed poorly (with the exception of the first Bane vs Batman fight) especially the climax one.

• you have shitty taste, both Rises and Begins are garbage compared to TDK.

0|0
    1|0
    • Hahhahaha 😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Show All
    • @long_ass_snood I wasn't talking about Rotten Tomatoes

• @nadia1994 so you were just saying you'd seen some critics that liked the first two better?

• Batman is a thug. Its appreciable in vs Superman. on all are shoeing the same story of childhood. I like Gotham city. The storie of the vilan tales to a fight. I like the dark night. It represented the epic will of a warior.

0|0
    1|0
  • It was definitely the worst film in the trilogy, but not a horrible film. I mean, we wouldn't have all the awesome bane memes without it! 😆

1|0
    0|0
  • The Dark Knight Rises was the worst of the 3 films, but I thought it was a great movie.

1|0
    0|0
  • well you know they were supposed to make it centered around the Joker but HEY what do you know Heath Leadger died in between movies and they had to modify it completely... it didn't ruin it at all, it has great ideas (badly put into motion i agree).

0|0
    0|0
    • I didn't know Joker was going to be in the third one 😅 I just read that Nolan wanted to end it at The Dark Knight. He didn't wanna make a sequel.

• Show All
    • Also, what I read was correct and I don't know if what one or two of you are saying is right or not. So you're not aware of all the info either.

• I knew that Nolan didn't want to make a 3rd movie but was pressured by the producers and the investors to make a 3rd movie since they saw the gold mine that it could potentially become problem is even though the script with the Joker as the main antagonist for an entire movie rather than just be a major annoyance for Batman, the actor Heath Ledger died.
      Nolan had even less motivation to make a 3rd movie but had already signed. I know

• I totally agree with you when it comes to these trilogy movies. Rush hour, Terminator, Shrek and Beverly Hill Cop.

1|0
    0|0
  • Gee thanks a lot I had almost forgotten about that one.

1|0
    0|0
  • Watched it a long time ago. Don't remember it clearly. But it was not good as the first two

1|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't say that, but I enjoyed the first movie best. As a whole I consider the trilogy way over-rated. I mean it's not The Godfather is it?

0|0
    0|0
  • It's actually my favorite one. I like how the story is connected to the first and the philosophical in it. The Dark Knight was just a chaotic movie.

0|0
    0|0
  • It started with raz al gul and ended with his daughter trying to get revenge ultimately. It makes sense

0|0
    0|0
  • Thry were good all three and yeah bits of dark knight rises was stretched but I loved it.

0|0
    0|0
  • I didn't really like it. The director also put out that he made a 3rd film to just end the story.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, I think. it was good. But Batman vs Superman hurt both super heroes in their reputation

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 1

• No, I think it made a great trilogy. It wasn't as good as the first two, sure, but it didn't ruin them.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes