What do you think/know of vocaloids?

Like miku hatsune, gumi, luka...
or
the voices porter robinson uses in his music :

** vocaloid singing voice synthesizer.
the voice you hear in the video is not from a real person
vocaloid IS a singing voice synthesizer *

46

Most Helpful Guy

• The technology behind it is kinda cool, I used to listen to some vocaloid stuff. It was all in Japanese though, so subtitles were the only way I knew what the hell they were singing. Their English currently isn't great from what I remember, as the voices used in the synthesizer are recorded from Japanese voice actors (I understand the Japanese voices are far better done and much more similar to a singer than is currently the case with the English voices).

Most Helpful Girl

• most of them are overdone to me but some of the shit was actually pretty catchy and weird such as one that was called something like "servant of evil" that were the two twin characters. you gotta know a little bit about them when you hung out with the anime kids lol