Do you think modern pop stations are stupid?

Last night I watched a video on YouTube talking about how modern pop music is getting worse over time. They all have the same similar sound and the majority of pop songs are written by these two men (forgot their names). Hardly any of the big stars such as Justin Bieber or Katy Perry write any of their own music. Major popular music companies also brainwash us into liking these songs. They play it constantly on the radio, in the supermarket, at the mall, it follows us everywhere. Personally I hate most pop music and prefer independent artists who write and record their own material. What's your take on this?

124

Most Helpful Guy

• I completely agree with you. There are almost no classics left out there. The classic songs are being hated on by most people, or they are afraid to tell people that they like an old song, because their friends won't be their friends no more. Songs have lost their meaning, sound always too familiar, made by the same people, the same accords, same rhythm etc. Mostly all in languages we don't speak, so we don't know how vulgair they actually are. Songs are always about the seven sins. More and more radio stations are automated, with no DJs. Songs on repeat, weird giveaways, tacky adverts. If you would say you listen to The Beatles, people declare you to be crazy, if you hate Justin Bieber, they declare you crazy. I rather use Spotify, but their modern music adverts annoy me, since I only listen to old music, between 1950s and 1990s. There's also too much advertisements on the radio too. Ratio between music and ads: 20 - 80. A trend that might make radio disappear in a couple of years.

• I hope pop radio dies lol I prefer the alternative and rock stations if I do listen to the radio... I mostly just listen to music on iHeartRadio or YouTube. There are tons of great artists out there but they go unrecognized because they don't appeal to the same group of people that the pop songs do which I think is mostly teenagers