Which decade do you think was the best for video games?

• Which decade do you think was the best for video games?1970s: Everything is brand new and experimental
  • Which decade do you think was the best for video games?1980s: Huge improvements in quality and story
  • Which decade do you think was the best for video games?1990s: The first CD and 3D-graphics games arrive
    Vote C
  • Which decade do you think was the best for video games?2000s: Online play, mature stories, new control styles
    Vote D
  • Which decade do you think was the best for video games?2010s: The last seven-plus years have been the best ever
    Vote E

733

Most Helpful Girl

• I guess I'll go with 2000s. Technically I prefer late 90s, but if we're talking decades, the 2000s were better overall.
    Good balance between gameplay & story- gameplay has improved since then, but more & more games focus on a story-less multiplayer instead of a nice, long singleplayer mode. Giving games a real story only came up in the later 90s, at least that what I feel like.
    Graphics weren't as good as they are today, of course, but they were good enough to make it really enjoyable- even if 3D sprites have their own charm.
    & nowadays, the gaming industry has taken a path I'm not overly happy with- many people scream for open world/multiplayer/shooter & I don't like any of that. Open world gives me spasms, I'm not interested in multiplayer in the slightest & I've never understood the appeal of shooters. I was bored af. Maybe that's because they're meant to be played in teams with people, but here we're back at "I don't like multiplayer."

Most Helpful Guy

• I think the current decade is the best with the rise of indie gaming and how easy the game engines and steam has made making and releasing them. The most unique stuff is now coming from the indie scene and I think it's eventually going to force the mainstream gaming companies to make changes.