What are the most masterful albums ever made?

Music albums that you feel are masterfully crafted and tell an interesting story as a whole.

What are the most masterful albums ever made?

0|1

Most Helpful Girl

• Oh, I like some of Opeth's songs. They can be really mellow which seems strange to me in the metal world. That's why I like them.

Hmmmm... the most masterful? That's a really hard question to answer.

There definitely are a few (and not all songs from the album, unfortunately):
    Janis Joplin - I Got Dem Ol' Kozmic Blues Again Mama!
    The Used - In Love and Death

0|1
    0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• Pink Floyd dark side of the moon. Ozzy Osbourne Blizzard of Oz.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 12

What Guys Said 19

• Love your questions/Takes. Anyway, here are some I like:

Tricky: Vulnerable
    Sage Francis: Personal Journals
    DJ Signify: Sleep No More
    Josh Ritter: Hello Starling
    Eels: Daisies of the Galaxy
    Pete Yorn: Musicforthemorningafter
    Jake Bugg
    Peter Gabriel: Up

I dunno if they are masterfully crafted, they're just albums I really, really like.

0|1
    0|0
  • Maybe Led Zeppelin IV, Rainbow - Rising, Helloween - Keeper of the Seven Keys pt1 and pt2, or Savatage - Gutter Ballet. These albums sound perfect to me.

1|2
    0|0
  • Mastodon - Leviathan
    Down - Down II: A Bustle In Your Hedgerow
    Neurosis - Through Silver In Blood
    Black Sabbath - Sabbath Bloody Sabbath

Still Life is great but I like Blackwater Park better

0|1
    0|0
  • Daft punk's discovery album is a really great collection of songs. Really tells a story of sorts.

1|1
    0|0
  • I would say Michael Jackson Thriller album. Since 1982 till now days it's one of the most known album and artist of all times. I am probably wrong i mean you have The Beatles, Elvis, beach boys and Bob Dylan and few others, in my opinion! MJ has it. The story is i never saw any other artist does what Thriller did as an image, lyrics, creativity or everything that album did. Since when i was a little kid i always wanted to dance like MJ and i did few times, thriller was always a thrill to watch the video :P

1|1
    0|0
  • “A City Dressed in Dynamite” and “The Heart Goes to Heaven, the Head Goes to Hell.”

0|1
    0|0
  • Off the Wall by Michael Jackson. Doesn't really tell a story but is really enjoyable.

1|1
    0|0
  • Maybe some old Linkin Park album don't remember the name.

0|2
    1|0
    • Well, whichever girl disliked it, I don't like your r&b and hip hop crap

• Linking Park was the first band I fell in love with. Back when I was an angsty teenager xD

• @TwatTwig Lol what a username

• Ooo every single "Right Away! Great Captain" album in order from first released to most recent holds a really good story

0|1
    0|0
  • i really like Abigail by king diamond. tell the story of a man whos wife gets possessed by a demon forcing him to murder his wife.

0|1
    0|0
  • Linkin Park - A Thousand suns
    The album is like a 1 mega track. If you take your time and listened to the whole album, you'll love it.

0|1
    0|0
  • As a music theorist... Most songs chord structure tell me everything I want to know... Lyrics can enhance, but I have heard an album to that of my liking... So I'm working on creating that..

0|0
    0|0
  • I used to listen to opeth like almost 10 years ago. They are weirdly satisfying.

0|1
    0|0
  • As far as a telling a story?
    Probably Fortminor.

0|2
    0|0
  • Marshall Mathers LP 1

2|3
    0|0
    • I was about to mention that one too. Remember when that came out, good times. At the top of his game. Just the beat on Kill You was so fresh.

• I wasn't born when it came out... but my sisters listened to him (they donno English tho xD em fans are crazy 😂)
      I love it for Stan mostly

• Born to Run.

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm a Queens fan so any freddy mercury songs

0|0
    0|0
  • Tha carter 3 - little Wayne

0|2
    0|0
  • Albums are always good though I don't listen to them.
    I like more rap.

0|0
    1|0

Recommended myTakes