What are the most masterful albums ever made?

Music albums that you feel are masterfully crafted and tell an interesting story as a whole.

What are the most masterful albums ever made?

0|1

Most Helpful Girl

• Oh, I like some of Opeth's songs. They can be really mellow which seems strange to me in the metal world. That's why I like them.

Hmmmm... the most masterful? That's a really hard question to answer.

There definitely are a few (and not all songs from the album, unfortunately):
    Janis Joplin - I Got Dem Ol' Kozmic Blues Again Mama!
    The Used - In Love and Death

0|1
    0|1
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Guy

• Pink Floyd dark side of the moon. Ozzy Osbourne Blizzard of Oz.

0|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 12

• vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/.../latest
    Kanye West usually has great ones. But not his songs just the covers.

0|2
    0|0
  • 1|1
    0|0
  • My absolute favorite is Know it all by Alessia Cara cause I can listen to it non-stop everytime all the time beside of that I really liked Taylor swifts and demi lovatos recent albums but I don't know if you can count them as masterful or whatever haha

0|1
    0|0
  • Life Itself by Glass Animals
    It's not necessarily a story all its own but each song has a story and they all have the same common theme.

1|1
    0|0
  • Hozier -- From Eden.
    Most beautiful and haunting and soulful collection of songs I've ever heard. Work Song by Hozier is particularly affecting.

1|1
    0|0
  • More from Girls

What Guys Said 19

• Love your questions/Takes. Anyway, here are some I like:

Tricky: Vulnerable
    Sage Francis: Personal Journals
    DJ Signify: Sleep No More
    Josh Ritter: Hello Starling
    Eels: Daisies of the Galaxy
    Pete Yorn: Musicforthemorningafter
    Jake Bugg
    Peter Gabriel: Up

I dunno if they are masterfully crafted, they're just albums I really, really like.

0|1
    0|0
  • Maybe Led Zeppelin IV, Rainbow - Rising, Helloween - Keeper of the Seven Keys pt1 and pt2, or Savatage - Gutter Ballet. These albums sound perfect to me.

1|2
    0|0
  • Mastodon - Leviathan
    Down - Down II: A Bustle In Your Hedgerow
    Neurosis - Through Silver In Blood
    Black Sabbath - Sabbath Bloody Sabbath

Still Life is great but I like Blackwater Park better

0|1
    0|0
  • I would say Michael Jackson Thriller album. Since 1982 till now days it's one of the most known album and artist of all times. I am probably wrong i mean you have The Beatles, Elvis, beach boys and Bob Dylan and few others, in my opinion! MJ has it. The story is i never saw any other artist does what Thriller did as an image, lyrics, creativity or everything that album did. Since when i was a little kid i always wanted to dance like MJ and i did few times, thriller was always a thrill to watch the video :P

1|1
    0|0
  • Off the Wall by Michael Jackson. Doesn't really tell a story but is really enjoyable.

1|1
    0|0
  • More from Guys

Recommended myTakes