Do you ever feel like your friends don't share your taste in music?

I'm a huge rock fan girl (alt, metal, indie, grunge, prog, etc.). Like, it is all I listen to. I feel like no one shares my taste in music. They all seem to be into pop (which I cannot stand listening to). Its so hard to meet people who share the same music tastes and want to go to concerts (like the Foo Fighters playing my city in a few months!). Does anyone else feel like their friends don't share the same taste in music? Where can I find like-minded people?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Most of my friends don't listen to metal or punk and that's all I listen to. It can be hard being in the car with them because their taste in music is shit in my opinion.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 6

• I think it maybe a generational gap if your friends are younger than you. I love Foo Fighters! 90s rock music was really great! I still like Red Hot Chillipeppers. Pop, Hip-Hop, techno, and some Electronica sample beats and have weird lyrics or themes, so I don't like these genres. Pop culture keeps evolving, but we need more bands with original music. I befriend musicians or aspiring ones especially those that love classical music.

0|0
    0|0
  • I love 50s and 60s Rockabilly and doo-wop, and I met a girl in my college's history club who likes the same stuff. She and I both really love the beach boys. She was really cool, but they changed the meeting time so now I hardly see her because I have a class when the club meeting starts.

0|0
    0|0
  • I listen to everything, for the most part. They do too but I lean more towards rap while they lean more towards rock or techno, things like that. Some listen to country a lot.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nobody shares my music really. I listen to a lot of jazz. Like jazz from the 20s-50s. Just my style. But an overall range of what I listen to is rock and jazz. Music from tge 20s-90s is awesome to me

0|1
    0|0
    • I like the big band/swing type of Jazz from the 30s and 40s like Benny Goodman, Glenn Miller, Duke Ellington etc.

• Show All
    • Ya fallout 4's whole soundtrack is pretty damn good if you ask me.

• I was thinking of buying FO4 on steam since my HP laptop was able to do NV on medium quality, but I decided not to since the differences in graphics and such wouldn't do too well. I prefer playing FO with a mouse instead of my controller, but I might get it for my Xbox. I ended up buying Lonesome Road DLC for NV, and bought FO3. Apparently it doesn't work with Win10, so I refunded it. There are mods to make it work, but I'm not a Computer Whiz (perk reference intended) so the Modding is confusing to me.

• you can find them on the internet, which is why all these alt communities are growing and overtaking every aspect of culture today.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah sometimes when we are at the bar and a song that I don't know but all my friends do... and well I like rock, jazz, instrumental... yeah

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes