When you play a single-player game, what difficulty setting do you use?

... most of the time.
  • Easy - I just like to get through the game without lot of hassle
  • Normal- I want a good all-around gaming experience
  • Difficult - I'm a kick-ass gamer and I want a worthy challenge
    Vote C

37

Most Helpful Girl

• I always play on hard. The game is a lot more fun that way, right?

• Some of the more complex games get to be a hassle if you're so busy fighting all the time you don't get to experience the other aspects of the game.

• Could you give an example? I must have played every single popular game in existence since 90s and that didn't apply to any of them.

• I believe it was in Skyrim (may have been an older Elder Scrolls game) where I played on hard and the enemies seemed to be spawning constantly.

Most Helpful Guy

• Most games on hard with exception to shooters since those are bullshit to play, like the most recent example would be wolfenstein 2 which stopped me in certain areas for roughly 30-40 minutes because too many tank types just charge and kill you in a single hit. Doom on the other hand is much more fun playing on hardest difficulty since projectiles can be avoided and the actual reason for your death ends up you not being good enough as opposed to dying to bullets that come from nowhere.