Old school headbangers (who still buy physical music formats)... would you do this?

so yesterday, I was on Metallica's website reading about some stuff. I saw something about the reissue of an album, "The $5.98 EP: Garage Days Re-Revisited" which will be coming out in April of this year. They are going to have a full 80s throwback with this as part of Record Store day, where they are re-releasing the album in different vinyl versions, cassette, and long box (yes I know what a longbox is... now thanks to google HA!) along with CD and digital formats.

Now all the music from "The $5.98 EP" is also on the album "Garage Inc." so, let's just say you have a copy of Garage Inc. on CD already like I do. and you hear about the other thing being remastered and re-released. would you still get a copy of it too? or would you see that as being a waste?

being a music lover I was kinda debating that with myself lol.

Old school headbangers (who still buy physical music formats)... would you do this?

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 7

• Nah, I still have my original 2 CD album that I listened to in high school and it is in perfect condition. I got it the day it first came out.

What I wish they would do is play songs from their more recent albums with the San Francisco Symphony and make another of those kinds of albums. That would be cool.

1|0
    0|0
    • yeah it would. I also have an original copy of Garage Inc. on CD. I found it in a thrift store a year ago lol along with an original copy of Load. surprising.

• Show All
    • They also have a dvd set of the big 4 concert. I liked Metallica's part and MegaDeth's, but I didn't really care much for Anthrax or Slayer on it.
      It's like $23 on Amazon.

• man who know metallica and megadeth would end up being on one stage together huh lol

• My choice would be to buy it.
    Beware that if you're not used to train your ears you may not hear any difference from the original.

1|0
    0|0
    • I'm glad I've trained my ears lol. a short time ago I was listening to the new remastered version of their cover "the wait" that's on the album. can tell a difference, its pretty cool

• If you're a collector or want to become one, buy it. I'd probably would, I don't know :/

1|0
    0|0
    • I'm starting to get in collector mode. my room has CDs scattered everywhere right now lol

• Show All
    • nice XD I usually take a bunch with me if I'm going on long road trips. my mom's car gets full of CDs because of me lol.

• I wish I could send you a pic of my collection so far XD

• I would buy the CD but I no longer have a record player or cassette player, so no on that.

1|0
    0|0
    • Garage days and garage days Inc were both great albums.

• yeah they are awesome. I was just listening to Garage Inc. a short time ago lol. the $5.98 ep is being released in the month of my birthday. I might treat myself with it lol

• It's fine. Buy it.

1|0
    0|0
  • Ya I still do

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes.,.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!