What do you think of a girl that likes comic books?

I've always loved superheroes. My dad won't buy any for me, so sometimes the guy at the store close to my home will let me look at some.

Is that strange?

It's always men in there, sometimes i feel like i'm intruding...

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• Love them. It's not strange, and you're not intruding. Sure, the old stereotype that mostly men are nerds/geeks may still hold up some places, but that's been rapidly disappearing in the last couple decades. There are so many women who like comics, science fiction, fantasy, anime, taking, etc. Plus it makes you super attractive to a lot of guys who are also into geeky things, because it gives you a common interest.

BUT, most importantly, get into whatever you are interested in for your own sake, regardless of whatever other people think.

Oh, and you can find some comics in graphic novel or trade paperback form at your library, so you could still read some that way. If you want any recommendations, let me know what comics you're into already, and I'll give you my best suggestions.

1|0
    0|0
    • No one can ever stop me from reading them!

Green Lantern, Superman, and Wonder Woman are my favorites.

Most Helpful Girl

• There’s literally a huge franchise of movies making billions of dollars every year about comic books.

Do you think boys are the only ones driving all those sales? 😜

1|1
    0|0
    • Oh no i get the movies appeal to everyone!

I just never hear or see girls going to buy the actual comic books.

• Show All
    • Oh cool!

I wouldn't stop for anyone, just curious if of other's opinions!

• Good! Keep doing what you want

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 20

• a lot of women see it as a child's hobby. But having an imagination is always crucial especially to keep a relationship thriving.
    Comic Books are a tool to keep your imagination going same as reading books.
    I say ignore people's opinions on something you enjoy.
    Unless your hurting people.

1|0
    0|0
    • Good comparison! Thanks.

• People just need to understand our hobbies reflect who we are and what we want and how we do things.
      Everything contributes to the overall you

• Always liked superheroes, never found myself following the lore and fandom of them though. Comic books are cool but nothing that would get me excited, unless if the person has a massive comic collection lol.

1|0
    0|0
    • I get that!

Sometimes i have to look up online to keep up, and I'm like, ah man, I REALLY want to read the story of what happened... But no money!

• Oh the joys of never having enough money, many of us are all too familiar. 😂😂

• If she likes this comic. Il be happy to read it with her

1|0
    0|0
  • I would think that it's great she found a hobby! Superheroes, comics, figurines, and all that never quite appealed to me, but I appreciate them for the art they are.

1|0
    0|0
    • Very mature of you!

• Show All
    • Yeah you can never be sure how people react! That's why i rather just avoid a confrontation.

• As a stoner who smokes every day, let me tell you that weed isn't good for you. I wouldn't say it's the worst thing in the world you can do, but it's not good either. You say a prick is a prick, and then you make excuses for pricks because they had it hard growing up as a nerd. So what? I was bullied, as were many nerds, not everyone resorts to a superiority complex to feel good about themselves, and having such a complex makes it very difficult to interact with the person. I refuse to make excuses for someone's terrible attitude/personality just because they are a nerd and maybe had a rough time that caused them to be this way.

• Comics are not gender specific. although more males prefer to buy them I don't see how u should feel like an intruder. ur there for the same purpose. don't think of it that much

1|0
    0|0
    • People just look at me weird. And a few kind of rude comments.

• Loved and always will love comic books, a girl that feels the same, hot af. Hmu
    Also I'm 17, I know it says 13 but I'm 17.

1|0
    0|0
  • Wow it seems nerd species are growing, n there's a chance of next generation of nerds.😂

1|0
    0|0
  • Some people might find it strange, nothing wrong with it though. I've been hanging out in a hobby store that sells comic books a bit this past couple months (I have to drive 2 hours to go there, so I don't go that often. Small towns suck.) And I've seen a couple of girls there, It's refreshing tbh, I wish, and I think many other nerdy guys wish, that more girls would be into these hobbies. To be fair I go there to play a game called warhammer 40k, not to read comics, so it's a more social thing and everyone kind of wants more people to play the game in general.

1|0
    0|0
  • Comic books are for anyone that likes them I'd like a girl that's into them so we can talk about it and geek out lol

1|0
    0|0
  • No a lot of girls love comics and superheros i dont u should be judged just because ur a girl i think u should be able to read them and no one should judge

0|0
    0|0
  • Sounds odd that you look for permission to view them at the store. You are old enough, just buy one 😊

0|0
    0|0
  • Always loved comic books

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope.

1|0
    0|0
    • It's totally ok... to read comics... come on... there is nothing wrong in it.

• Hott

1|0
    0|0
  • It is completely normal

1|0
    0|0
  • It’s cool

1|0
    0|0
  • Not strange in any bad way.

0|0
    0|0
  • Actually its very interesting...

0|0
    0|0
  • Honestly, nothing. It's just a hobby for anyone, regardless of gender. If anything, I'd like that a girl (in a relationship with) is into comic books because I am a comic book nerd myself and we could be reading so many comic books graphic novels of The Punisher (one of my favorite Marvel Anti-Heroes).

0|0
    0|0
  • What if she likes hentai?

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 6

• I grew up with comic books and super heroes my dad would take me to one comic book store when I was little and I recently went back with my dad an he remembered me which is pretty cool

1|1
    0|0
    • Aww. I remember my dad taking me to the store and he would get Superman comics... I've been in love since then.

• I never used to like the but after reading about them in class one day it got me interested in reading them. I might buy them if I get more money one day. Right now I spend all my money on food - why I can have sushi and restaurant food ever month.

1|0
    0|0
  • Lol I been there my whole life so I know what you mean but honestly most people are happy to help. If you ask what's a good starting point for a character you haven't read much yet you'll usually get good advice.

1|0
    0|0
  • I dont think its strange, i buy comics for my son and i have read them amd enjoyed them very much, im not necessarily into them as a hobby but i do like reading the ones my son's gets sometimes and I'm in my twenties lol

1|0
    0|0
  • Seems like someone that's pretty chill to talk to and is also nerdy like me.

1|2
    0|0
  • I think it's awesome! I like comic books and superheroes too!!

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes