What do you think of a girl that likes comic books?

I've always loved superheroes. My dad won't buy any for me, so sometimes the guy at the store close to my home will let me look at some.

Is that strange?

It's always men in there, sometimes i feel like i'm intruding...

721

Most Helpful Guy

• Love them. It's not strange, and you're not intruding. Sure, the old stereotype that mostly men are nerds/geeks may still hold up some places, but that's been rapidly disappearing in the last couple decades. There are so many women who like comics, science fiction, fantasy, anime, taking, etc. Plus it makes you super attractive to a lot of guys who are also into geeky things, because it gives you a common interest.

BUT, most importantly, get into whatever you are interested in for your own sake, regardless of whatever other people think.

Oh, and you can find some comics in graphic novel or trade paperback form at your library, so you could still read some that way. If you want any recommendations, let me know what comics you're into already, and I'll give you my best suggestions.

• No one can ever stop me from reading them!

Green Lantern, Superman, and Wonder Woman are my favorites.

Most Helpful Girl

• There’s literally a huge franchise of movies making billions of dollars every year about comic books.

Do you think boys are the only ones driving all those sales? 😜

• Oh no i get the movies appeal to everyone!

I just never hear or see girls going to buy the actual comic books.

• Oh cool!

I wouldn't stop for anyone, just curious if of other's opinions!

• Good! Keep doing what you want