What's the oldest movie you have ever seen? And did you like it?

The oldest movie i have seen is this What's the oldest movie you have ever seen? And did you like it?
and all ill say is ehhhhh its interesting as a piece of history especially in film making, but otherwise it isn't that entertaining.

Updates:
^ that was made in 1915 by the way

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I had to think about this one. I'm mostly certain it's Nosferatu (1922).

I enjoyed it, yeah. Old movies are like wine--they get better with age, but only certain people can truly appreciate their aged quality. :3

0|2
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Guy

• I've seen some of the very first movies ever made, but that was a very long time ago so I can't say too much about them anymore.

Fairly recently I saw the very first two Indian movies, with live piano. One was Raja Harishchandra from 1913 and the 2nd one I don't remember the name off.

They were very interesting period pieces but had very obvious pacing issues for modern tastes as is to be expected, along with some very confused storytelling, specially if one is not to well versed in Indian mythology and the culture of that time.

0|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 15

• I can't remember the name of it.. something about a movie star and her maid, the maid's daughter was half black half white, and hated herself, and the movie star's daughter wanted her mother's boyfriend.

1|1
    0|0
  • Probably Gone with the Wind. 🤔
    It's actually one of my favorites. 😊

2|1
    0|0
    • good one. Frankly my dear i don't give a damn ;)

• Metropolis I think. Maybe The Man Who Laughs? But I've also seen some of the earliest film clips like the one of the train which was literally the first thing ever filmed iirc. But that's not really a movie so...

0|1
    0|0
  • I’ve also seen The Birth of a Nation. It is the oldest film I’ve seen and it was shown in a film class strictly because it’s considered landmark cinema, but it’s probably the most racist thing I’ve ever seen.

0|1
    0|0
  • The movie Bright Eyes with Shirley Temple i (came out in 1934) and I was a kid so the singing and dancing kept my attention.
    As an adult, the oldest is probably the original Titanic that came out in 1953, and yes I really liked it. Matter of fact, I like it better, especially when I found out it was based on actual events and it’s nothing the way the new movie portrayed it to be.

0|1
    0|0
  • More from Girls

What Guys Said 14

• Nosferatu, a really great horror movie. Also love the movie about its movie set.

0|1
    0|0
  • Probably some Harold Lloyd films; Safety Last, etc. I've seen parts of various Melies shorts (outside of watching Hugo).

"Actual" movie with a hour + length? (cutting out "shorts?") Noseferatu. probably. I liked Fritz Lang's Metropolis (1927? 1930?).

0|1
    0|0
  • Charlie Chaplin in One A. M. It came out in 1916. I was a child when I saw it (there was a Straw Hat Pizza that played old Charlie Chaplin films). I thought it was kind of funny. Growing up watching Chaplin in that pizza place, I came to have an appreciation for his work.

When I first heard Chaplin speak in The Great Dictator, I didn't expect an English accent. He sort of sounded like my dad.

0|1
    0|0
  • Charlie Chaplin and i think this one is from 1920's. I did like it.

0|1
    0|0
  • "The Train Enters the Station" (1895) by the Lumiere Brothers.

1|1
    0|0
    • did you like it?

• I liked it in a way that I can't say about any other film because it was the very first film to ever be recorded. I like it because of its significance, not because it is quite literally just a train pulling into a station. It was a huge technological leap for humankind and has played a role in basically every culture since. The innovations leading up to it are arguably as spectacular as the film itself.

• More from Guys

Recommended myTakes