Any tips for putting a metal band together?

so yeah once i'm done with high school, i'll be trying to put a thrash band together. but there are some pretty big obstacles standing in the way. putting one together will be difficult because:

1. I'm not around people too often, and the ones I am around aren't always musicians or metalheads at all.

2. my parents are overprotective when it comes to me ever meeting someone from online (which I usually don't do anyway) and they don't let me use the usual social media stuff like facebook and all that.

3. the school I'm in is online, so I'm not always around others my age or a little older in person. I can speak to them on there but there aren't many fellow metal musicians. I'm literally the only metal guitarist there.

4. I know that some bands formed through groups of friends. honestly I don't have many besides one closest friend.

I really reallllyyy wanna be able to put a band together eventually. I honestly wish I can do it sooner than the end of high school but life is forcing me to wait. can anyone here give me some advice on how to get around some obstacles and reach for what I've been waiting for?

010

Most Helpful Guy

• This a hard path to follow, if you don't have friends who are musicians and the music genre that you want.

I was in a metal band with bunch of friends from my highschool, we played all over my city for 5 years. being bars every weekend meeting people, trying to book gigs and maintaining a presence online to keep people around and look after merch, and it is a lot of work. You need people to back you up.

I really hope you can make a band, some of my best memories are from then and some bad.

If want to know more I'd be glad to share my experiences. Just hit me up with any questions you may have.