What do you think about pole dancing?

I was thinking about entering a one-time class with two of my friends, but I'm a little afraid to ask mom. It's not like I want to be a stripper and I'm scared she will take it the wrong way, because I know many people do.

I just need some advice, but I really think it would be fun to try.

0|2

Most Helpful Guy

• Personally i don't find pole dancing sexy like some do. Pole dancing is getting more and more popular in my country just because it's good exercise

1|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Yeah that's what I thought too. It's a different way of exercise and I've never tried it. It's also feminine and I will feel a little better if I enhance that femininity of myself. I'm not planning on telling anyone anyway because I'm scared to be judged

• I bet no one will jugde you. Most guys like it and girls know how good exercice it is.

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe just tell her it's a dance class.
    You wouldn't be lying and if you aren't interested in stripping than it is just a dance class and nothing else.
    I'd say try it you may like it and using it to inspire a future guy you may be with doesn't make you a stripper.
    Not that there is anything wrong with strippers either.
    Here's a 10 year old with her mother. I don't think she is training her to be a stripper. It is also a very nice form of dance.

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 18

• I hear it is a great workout and a fun way to get some exercise. If I were dating such a girl? As long as the pole is in her house or it was part of some class... no problem. If she is in some competitions and/or doing this in front of a room full of guys than I'd bail.

1|0
    0|0
  • The really good pole dancers have to be in really good shape. It can be a full body workout if you do it right. Maybe you can approach it that way when talking to your mom about it. it’s a fun, to get a good workout, and have a good time with your friends.

1|0
    0|0
  • I think it's associated with strippers because of the way it's portrayed in the media. There are a lot of dance forms that use props. Pole is a prop, pole dance shouldn't always be seen in sexual manner.

1|0
    0|0
  • When I first started hearing about it, I thought sexy... But, now I know better. It's a really good workout. Uses so many muscles you wouldn't consider when going to the gym. Good luck convincing your mom though. Yikes.

1|0
    0|0
  • As an exercise it's apparently really good for you, don't call it pole dancing to your Mom though, Pole fitness she might approve of more, and that's what most of the pole exercise classes call it too :)

0|0
    0|0
  • I went once as I was teasing this girl who went. Let me tell you that shit is no joke. I found a new respect for poke dancing!

1|0
    0|0
  • Try it. Explain to your mom that you dont want to be a stripper. But you think it could be fun

1|0
    0|0
  • Why would ANY normal girl want to learn pole dancing... your mother propablly will be, and I don't blame her, furious...

0|0
    0|0
  • go for it an explain to friend why if she doesn't do it on own it's not a bad thing

0|0
    0|0
  • I've read it is becoming a very popular way to exercise now. Go for it.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think you should wait a year.

1|0
    0|0
  • Sexy

1|0
    0|0
  • Cool, but aerial silk is cooler in my opinion...

1|0
    0|0
  • It would be a nice workout and interesting too.

1|0
    0|0
  • im gonna say go for it

1|0
    0|0
  • why not try it

0|0
    0|0
  • Just try and it and decide for yourself if that's something you want to do again and again as a hobby or not.

1|0
    0|0
  • good exercise

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 8

• It’s good exercise but it’s often associated with stripping. If you have information on the class it may be good to present it to your mom when you ask so she knows exactly what and where it is.

3|0
    0|0
  • I wanna try it too... but you know, parents😅 I say try sit your mum down and chat to her, maybe even suggest she try it out with you. It looks like an amazing way of staying fit and healthy

1|0
    0|0
  • I've always wanted to try it. Not only does it look fun but college is a bitch, I'd like to have that as a backup plan in case I give up on my degree.

1|1
    0|0
  • Same here, I really want to try it but I don't want to ask my mom (I need her to pay it) to do it cause she thinks it's something inappropriate. I think it's very difficult, sexy and beautiful and it could be a very good work out activity.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have been doing it for years at home and im now going to do lap dancing x

1|1
    0|0
  • It is very good for your health and fitness and makes you feel sexy i think there is nothing wrong with it

1|0
    0|0
  • I want to do it to

1|1
    0|0
  • It's shameful like nude dancing.. streptise

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes