Why do you think classic country is so much more depressing/sad than today’s country?

I don’t really listen to “modern” country, mostly classic. Classic country has some of the saddest songs. For example, Dolly Parton and Porter Wagoner have some of the saddest songs that they sang together. Why do you think classic country is so sad and has so much more emotion?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Because it was a time when music had a meaning, and story telling was the norm. Classic country was basically blues and folk. Now, country singers are just womanizers and perverts in front of a microphone, oh and women just showing a lot of skin. Hah!

2|0
    1|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Because music is always much better from the past.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 6

• Who told u that?
    Classic and ancient CPU tries are much more happier and healthy than modern cup tries.

Chinese and Japanese people have longest average life and cancers are least there and they still used ancient means of living and treatment.

0|0
    0|0
  • I prefer the older country music. Johnny cash is my goto. Better than any Taylor swift song. Today's country is basically pop music with an acuostic guitar

0|0
    0|0
  • most modern country songs are hybrids of trap and pop music. also, most of them are just about how much of a hick they are. which all include, but not limited to:
    1- blue jeans
    2- back roads
    3- being country
    4- growing up and/or living in a small town
    5- beer... usually very cold and possibly cheap
    6- drinking whisky
    7- red pick up trucks
    8- fucking a chick in the back of 7
    9- america
    10- god (sometimes)
    11- reference to at least 1 issued cowboy gear included in the standard cowboy gear starter pack

0|0
    1|0
  • Dolly actually isn't bad but I only listen to Johnny Cash & Willie Nelson. They sung about broken hearts and breakups a lot, I mean, I think they did a good job with it. Cash tried cashing in on the suffering of everyone from the everyman to jailbirds. Willie spoke from a fractured, nostalgic heart. I think modern country is about glorifying the trucker redneck lifestyle & supporting right wing stuff lie the death penalty. I remember Nelson & Toby Keith collabed on some song about hanging outlaws. I really don't indentify with the right, I feel like politically speaking I tend to prefer rock or even folk & reggae music.

0|0
    1|0
  • I do. But that's just me

0|0
    0|0
  • Because he fixed the truck and found his dog.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• Don’t listen to Country music I like rave music.

0|0
    0|1

Recommended myTakes