Why do you think classic country is so much more depressing/sad than today’s country?

I don’t really listen to “modern” country, mostly classic. Classic country has some of the saddest songs. For example, Dolly Parton and Porter Wagoner have some of the saddest songs that they sang together. Why do you think classic country is so sad and has so much more emotion?

27

Most Helpful Guy

• Because it was a time when music had a meaning, and story telling was the norm. Classic country was basically blues and folk. Now, country singers are just womanizers and perverts in front of a microphone, oh and women just showing a lot of skin. Hah!

Most Helpful Girl

• Because music is always much better from the past.