Favorite music to study to?

Personally I love listening to indie rock and indie folk while I study. It just gets me in the zone for some reason lol

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I listen to Animals As Leaders for my studying music.
    Example:
    https://youtu.be/Yf8VROikD_8
    Some people ask me how I can study to AAL due its style, but I do have reasoning behind it.
    Firstly, I find it almost so complex that my mind can’t really interpret the music through its density. Hence, it keeps me less distracted from my studying.

Secondly, it is instrumental. The brain actually uses the same sort of area to interpret heard words and read words, so listening to music with lyrics can actually decrease studying efficiency.

Thirdly, since it is pretty loud, it keeps me awake for the long study sessions. If I’m not pulling an all nighter and forcing myself to stay awake, I actually don’t listen to music. It is generally an unnecessary distraction and can decrease studying efficiency, even if quiet/chill music.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Some lf my favorite genres:
    *Grunge
    *Alternative Rock
    *Vapor Wave
    *Emo hip hop
    *Heavy & Alternative Metal

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 23

• Something that's not going to divide my attention so a generic drum n bass, progressive house, jazz, blues, hip hop beat etc. mixes.

0|0
    0|0
  • I like studying American music, like Aaron Copland or Duke Ellington. European stuff (Tchaikovsky, Mozart, Rimsky-Korsakov) is all fun too, but Aaron Copland especially is a great place between newer experimental music and classical music.

As for studying non-music, I tend to not listen to music because I'd end up just listening to the music instead of doing my other work.

0|0
    0|0
  • Usualy i listen to pop but there has been a recent study done on this and apparently from what the study said, the best music to listen to while working is classical music without words, that way your not focusing on trying to listen to the words as well as work

0|0
    0|0
  • Being a music lover I can't concentrate on studying n music at the same time lol. So no study music for me 😁

1|0
    0|0
  • If I'm studying any mathematics related then I prefer listening to slow songs of any genre...
    But if I'm studying for just learning or theory subjects then no music of any kind at all...

0|0
    0|0
  • Something from the 90s... no wait, that was just the last time I studied

1|1
    0|0
  • I listen to classical music and or jazz. I prefer to not have lyrics while studying. I also find it really relaxes me and helps me to focus.

0|0
    0|0
  • Non vocal music, drum and bass, trance classical, etc...

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't like listening to music while I study I always like clear and quite

0|0
    0|0
  • I often listen to classical music while studying

0|0
    0|0
  • Music just usually takes my attention.

0|0
    0|0
  • Jazz

0|0
    0|0
  • Big band music music from the 30s and 40s

0|0
    0|0
  • Vapor wave or indie rock

0|0
    0|0
  • Silence.

0|0
    0|0
  • Reggae

1|0
    0|0
  • Chill hop and jazz

0|0
    0|0
  • Beethoven, Mozart...

0|0
    0|0
  • Pink season 🎵😘

0|0
    0|0
  • Nickelback

0|0
    0|0
  • Yiruma-Lindsey stirling

0|0
    0|0
  • Instrumental music

0|0
    0|0
  • Indian music or White Noise.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• I usually listen to foreign music or video game background music.

0|0
    0|0
  • Lo-fi hip hop

0|0
    0|0
  • Classical

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes