What guitarists are your biggest inspirations?

Mine are (in no particular order):

The obvious ones (Paul Gilbert, Satriani, Buckethead, Vai, etc.)

Plini, Mario and Erik from chon, Aaron Marshall, Marco Sfogli, Antoine DuFour, Jon Gomm

I love guitar music so I've so many inspirations. Who are yours?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Buckethead is just incredible. You might also like Pat Metheny and Laurence Juber.

Prince was sort of underappreciated for his playing. I'm also fond of Johnny Thunders.

And of course, there's Jimi Hendrix.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• John Petrucci, Mikael Ã…kerfeldt, Antti "Hyrde" Hyyrynen, Pekka Olkkonen, Satriani, Vai, Alexi Laiho, Andy Mccoy, Tom Morrello and Hendrix to name a few

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 2

• toni iommi, kirk hammett, angus young, Malcolm young, dimebag Darrell, etc..

0|0
    0|0
  • Eddie Van Halen

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 5

• oh damn man, the list I could give you would be endless.

I played both lead and rhythm and would learn both parts to every song I could memorize.

But to drop some names I'd have to say the band names becuase I enjoy both guitarist styles RacerX, Cacophony, Judas priest, Iron Maiden, ACDC, Megadeth, Metallica, Slayer, Pantera, Testament, Exodus, Trivium, Lamb of God.

0|0
    0|0
  • Robert Fripp, Frank Zappa, John McLaughlin, David Gilmour, Shane Parish, Allan Holdsworth, David Gilmour, Toby Driver, Chris Forsyth, Aidan Baker, Kawabata Makoto

... off the top off my head.

0|0
    0|0
  • Steve Howe

0|0
    0|0
  • Mike Campbell (from the late Tom Petty's band) is a personal favorite.

Also Bruce Springsteen himself, Chuck Berry, Brian Setzer, Scotty Moore, etc.

I'm not fond of the hard rock/metal stuff, (although do like AC-DC and Jimmy page). I prefer the more vintage simple rock n roll. Teles and Gretschs are great sounding guitars too.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes