Why is everyone obsessed with Luna Lovegood?

I've seen the movies a thousand times, read the books a thousand times and just cannot understand why people like her!

She isn't only delusional and can't separate reality of their world to fiction, but her sheer lack of empathy just makes her so unlikeable. As well as this, her lack of scepticism could have proven fatal of many situations such as in Malfoy Manor.

I just find her character boring and unnessesary. So could someone please explain why she is one of the most beloved characters in the series. Thanks.

26

Most Helpful Guy

• she's just a bit of fanny to keep boys interested in the books/films. No other point than that. Her personality reflects that of a girl who is nieve which can be attractive to a guy cos it means she will be susceptible to being controlled and influenced easily.

Most Helpful Girl

• She's a geek girl, and some people like/empathize with geek girls.