Rate this Stand up Comedian out of 5: Sam Kinison?

Another of my favorites, Sam Kinison was known for his intense, harsh and politically incorrect humor. A former Pentecostal preacher, he performed stand-up routines that were most often characterized by an intense style, similar to charismatic preachers, and punctuated by his trademark scream.

He Died in April 1992 in a car crash. He also had lots of potential.

• 5/5 The best comedian ever!
    Vote A
  • 4/5 very funny
    Vote B
  • 3/5 sorta funny
    Vote C
  • 2/5 not very funny
    Vote D
  • 1/5 worst comedian ever
    Vote E
  • Who's Sam Kinison?
    Vote F
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
Results of previous polls:

Eddie Murphy: 4.3/5
Steve Martin: 3.9/5
Dave Chappelle: 3.9/5
George Carlin: 3.9/5
Mitch Hedberg: 3.8/5
Bill Burr: 3.8/5
Louis C. K.: 3.8/5
Kevin Hart: 3.7/5
Bob Hope: 3.5/5
Jim Carrey: 3.4/5
Norm Macdonald: 3.4/5
Don Rickles: 3.3/5
Tim Allen: 3.3/5
Jerry Seinfeld: 3.2/5
Jim Gaffigan: 3.2/5
Bill Cosby: 3.1/5
David Spade: 3.1/5
Dane Cook: 3/5
Bill Maher: 2.3/5
Rosanne Barr: 2.2/5

0|2

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• I loved Sam Kinison. Though casual fans are unlikely to recognize it, his humor was actually somewhat highbrow. He disguised elite social and political commentary with over-the-top antics, like his shouting. He's every bit as influential as the likes of George Carlin, Dennis Miller, and Lewis Black. Just a bit more outrageous, and maybe equally overlooked because of it.

0|4
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 7

• Is it just me or am I vulgar and weird? I didn't know who he was but I liked him. Voted 4/5 but I think it's more like 3.5/5.
    Wouldn't change the channel if I saw Sam on t. v. I'd gleefully watch him

0|1
    0|0
    • I loved his preaching act- which I read that he was a former preacher- too funny and Pentecostal at that!!

• I only watched the Letterman one and he was unique. Funny. I’d give him a 3.5. Not sure if I could handle a whole set of that yelling though.

0|1
    0|0
  • Never heard of him.

0|1
    0|0
  • the obnoxious type of funny XD

0|1
    0|0
  • 3.5/5

0|1
    0|0
  • I prefer bill maher

0|1
    1|2
  • Nooooo lol

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 19

• i'd say he is just above a 3 out of 5. he was more than sort of funny. he was funny but not very funny in my opinion... so i'll say a 3.5

i would've liked to see how his routines evolved as he was relatively young in terms of his career when he died.

0|1
    0|0
  • Oh he's like a beast of a comedian. 5/5.

He came from the same town as Richard Pryor, was an ex preacher, & really did the psuedo-satanist hedonist routine better than anyone. Like qith Eddie Murphy, his bits about gays are a little dated, but I still watch his shows & laugh at the insane & over the top energy he brought to those good bits. He really did the anger & extiable ranting thing before Lewis Black modernized it. I wish I could have seen him in real life.

0|2
    0|0
  • He was great and intelligent if I remember correctly. It is my understanding that comedians today are discouraged from even taking light jabs at anything which is politically correct. Weren't some comedians threatened in 2016 because they dared to make jokes about Hillary Clinton?

0|1
    0|0
  • He gets a 10 his approach and dialog was the shit. He was also a movie actor. was in back to skool as a professor. Starring Rodney Dangerfeild another legend of stand up comedy ! Left is way to soon...

0|1
    0|0
  • 5 of 5 One of the Greats! Here's my favorite bit https://youtu.be/9tFBA7fHL5g

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't really like that brash screaming humor. Like... I've seen about 15 minutes of his standup and that was more than enough to last a lifetime. I voted a 2/5

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah I remember him, he’s was really funny, the way he always yelled when telling his jokes, to bad what happened to him

0|2
    0|0
  • Eddie Murphy ranked higher than George Carlin? A clown ranked higher than a genius? Well, then again, Trump got elected too (maybe).

0|1
    0|0
  • Very funny. I recall laughing a lot from one of his specials but, I don't remember the material at all.

0|1
    0|0
  • The best of the best. I still watch/ listen to his routines. Him and Rodney Dangerfield in Back to School is still all time classic.

0|2
    0|0
  • i dont really like stand up shows but the 3 clip was pretty funny. it felt more real and natural

stand up always feels forced

0|1
    0|0
  • Is she right?

0|1
    0|0
  • Close but no cigar!

0|1
    0|0
  • 4.5 funny dude

0|1
    0|0
    • How about mr I get no respect Rodney Dangerfield. Then after that how about Andrew cIay Dice I saw him in person

• 3/5 sorta funny

0|1
    0|0
  • Not funny at all. Just loud and obnoxious.

0|1
    0|0
  • Who's Sam Kinison?

0|1
    0|0
  • Not a fan of sam kinison

0|1
    0|0
  • 4/5 very funny

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes