What do you think of fans calling for Elsa to have a lesbian relationship?

1532

Most Helpful Guy

• Ugh.. The movie is mainly targeted for children, someone really thinks they care? I couldn't care less if a movie character is straight, gay, bi, transsexual or whatever, as long as it fits the plot and the movie otherwise. Newsflash, children don't care either. If you start forcing any idea to the plot just for the sake of having it in the movie, you will usually end up having a crappy movie.

If the writers and director wants a lesbian relationship for their characters and thinks it fits to the story, fine go ahead. If it gets added just because handful of people on internet wants it, I sure nobody even thinks about doing it.

Like someone already mentioned here too, movie had nothing to do with romantic relationships. At that point main characters sexuality shouldn't bother anyone.

Most Helpful Girl

• This is the sort of thing I'm kinda torn on. On one hand, I understand the importance of giving gay characters a platform, of giving gay actors and actresses the chance to act as actual gay characters... but on the other hand, I don't understand why or how randomly turning a character gay is helpful at all.
    Because I feel like if a character is gay, it's probably going to be a very important aspect of who they are, which will probably influence the story and how they behave. So then, the writers would have to actually sit down and really think things through, and see what they could do with the story and the importance of having a gay character. What I really, really hate is when people treat homosexuality as an afterthought, à la J. K. Rowling and Dumbledore. I'm not saying that having a homosexual character means that the story needs to be completely changed and that all of the character's traits revolve around just being gay (because that wouldn't be cool either). But treating it as just an afterthought or a label you can slap on a character and then yell "DONE!" is kinda gross and I don't see how that's helpful or creative at all. All it is, is pandering to the queer demographic without actually having to put any thought into the actual what it means.
    I think that if a character in a book/movie/show is gay, they should be gay from the start. Maybe not to the point where it's super obvious or anything, but to the point where it's something the writers and producers have actually thought about from the get-go and they're willing to let it influence the story somehow. To write it in as an afterthought in the second movie or third book or fourth season is a cheap move.

• without actually having to put any thought into what it means*

• For me it’s not that they are making her gay but more in why can’t she be happy alone? Why do all Disney princesses and princes need someone to validate them as a human? That’s what I am like more bugged. Merida didn’t really count because frozen was more popular. They need to make a princess/queen that’s happy with herself and strong without needing someone.

• That’s true too. Since the last one was about family, as well as isolation, it wouldn’t make a whole lot of sense to randomly give her a love interest. I think the self-acceptance story they’ve got going on is way more important than just adding another love story to the already 3627263 existing ones.