What do you think of fans calling for Elsa to have a lesbian relationship?

What do you think of fans calling for Elsa to have a lesbian relationship?

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• Ugh.. The movie is mainly targeted for children, someone really thinks they care? I couldn't care less if a movie character is straight, gay, bi, transsexual or whatever, as long as it fits the plot and the movie otherwise. Newsflash, children don't care either. If you start forcing any idea to the plot just for the sake of having it in the movie, you will usually end up having a crappy movie.

If the writers and director wants a lesbian relationship for their characters and thinks it fits to the story, fine go ahead. If it gets added just because handful of people on internet wants it, I sure nobody even thinks about doing it.

Like someone already mentioned here too, movie had nothing to do with romantic relationships. At that point main characters sexuality shouldn't bother anyone.

2|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• This is the sort of thing I'm kinda torn on. On one hand, I understand the importance of giving gay characters a platform, of giving gay actors and actresses the chance to act as actual gay characters... but on the other hand, I don't understand why or how randomly turning a character gay is helpful at all.
    Because I feel like if a character is gay, it's probably going to be a very important aspect of who they are, which will probably influence the story and how they behave. So then, the writers would have to actually sit down and really think things through, and see what they could do with the story and the importance of having a gay character. What I really, really hate is when people treat homosexuality as an afterthought, à la J. K. Rowling and Dumbledore. I'm not saying that having a homosexual character means that the story needs to be completely changed and that all of the character's traits revolve around just being gay (because that wouldn't be cool either). But treating it as just an afterthought or a label you can slap on a character and then yell "DONE!" is kinda gross and I don't see how that's helpful or creative at all. All it is, is pandering to the queer demographic without actually having to put any thought into the actual what it means.
    I think that if a character in a book/movie/show is gay, they should be gay from the start. Maybe not to the point where it's super obvious or anything, but to the point where it's something the writers and producers have actually thought about from the get-go and they're willing to let it influence the story somehow. To write it in as an afterthought in the second movie or third book or fourth season is a cheap move.

2|0
    2|0
    • without actually having to put any thought into what it means*

• For me it’s not that they are making her gay but more in why can’t she be happy alone? Why do all Disney princesses and princes need someone to validate them as a human? That’s what I am like more bugged. Merida didn’t really count because frozen was more popular. They need to make a princess/queen that’s happy with herself and strong without needing someone.

• That’s true too. Since the last one was about family, as well as isolation, it wouldn’t make a whole lot of sense to randomly give her a love interest. I think the self-acceptance story they’ve got going on is way more important than just adding another love story to the already 3627263 existing ones.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 31

• Doesn't really matter, it is a movie geared towards children, what do they know or care? But if it offends all the anti gay morons I see down the thread here, I'm all for it.👌

5|2
    2|1
  • Why must everything be gay these days? As if being heterosexual isn't cool anymore...

4|5
    1|0
    • A french "newspaper" consider that now, being hetero is "a thing from the past" and LGBT is the new norm.

• Show All
    • gays can't even reproduce, how is hetero a thing from the past?

• @SilverTheGamer xD could be the end of us :D

• LOL whatever. It's a Disney movie that had no basis for sexuality identification in it at all. Her character involvement was based on her relationship with her sister. So why bother with what her sexuality is anyhow? Next we'll be making Olaf gay. *SMH

0|1
    0|0
    • And another thing. This is all bullshit to please the masses. It's like how they've incorporated sexuality into STAR WARS! Like WTF! Get that shit and politics out of our fantasy and escapism. Isn't it bad enough it's creeping into comic books? There is no need for it. Dream about it yourselves, just don't write it into the character or story arch where it's not needed.

• Show All
    • No, Olaf will be a trans person, "I don't identify as a snowman, I identify as a real boy!" Screw the magical Pinocchio shit.

• @EvanR LOL The carrot magically changes in appearance and placement.

• It's fucking stupid. If she wasn't at first, it shouldn't be changed.

6|3
    0|0
  • "Fans" (aka a dozen of people on twitter) should really stop wanting to put gays everywhere.

5|3
    0|0
  • Fine with me, only the snowflakes would be offered by this

5|2
    2|3
  • I would have no issues with it, if it made any sense. Where does she have any hint of homosexuality at all? She just seems smart enough to not fall for some idiot she met only a little whole ago.

1|1
    0|0
  • There should be a rating label on movies next to the age rating label and it should show if the movie promotes liberal, feminist, immoral agenda so parents can decide ahead of time what to not show their kids instead of having to pre watch every single movie before watching it with kids.

0|0
    0|0
  • when people used to talk about the gay agenda I laughed and said lol what a joke

now it's real

2|2
    0|0
  • It wouldn't affect me much. But if they revamp her character than nah not really.

3|0
    1|1
  • Eh don't really care, so long as Elsa's sexuality isn't the centre plot point for Frozen 2

0|0
    0|0
  • Why should they? There’s no reason to after all

4|2
    0|0
  • I would have no problems with it

6|3
    2|1
  • nope i don't like it sorry

4|3
    0|0
  • What the fuck

5|2
    0|0
  • It's complete and utter bull.

1|5
    0|0
  • They are horny and pedophiliac.

2|1
    0|0
  • Of course she is a lesbian. Didn't anyone notice?

2|1
    0|0
  • With who? Her sister?

1|1
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 14

• There is literally no reason to give her a relationship at all. The movie was about sisters and family, why do we want to push relations ships on kids so fucking much? They are fucking kids.

4|8
    0|0
  • I don’t think it’s a very good idea. It’s going to raise to many questions about sexuality to kids too early in life. Let kids be kids. I don’t want to have to have a discussion to explain sexuality to a five year old.

5|2
    0|0
  • I don't really care, but it would certainly be very different for Disney.

5|3
    1|0
  • Old news. It doesn’t bother me though. We all want lots of things from canon material

4|3
    1|0
  • Why are people so obsessed with a cartoon character's sexuality? That's pretty creepy man

3|4
    0|0
  • I know there's debate on not having enough gay couples in film (especially leads), but I think children should be able to see these things on their own and formulate their own understanding of it with their families

1|1
    0|0
  • If she was bisexual everyone would be happy wouldn't they? Lol

2|1
    1|1
  • Gross. Stop normalizing homosexuality and teaching it to children.

4|1
    1|0
  • I don't care. I didn't watch Frozen and I never will.

1|0
    1|0
    • lol Someone is upset that Frozen was probably one of the worst new Disney movies ever, and yet became super popular over a terrible song because children are often simple.

• why does everyody have to make everything gay? like STOP IT

3|1
    0|0
  • Please don’t...

3|5
    0|0
  • Non-issue and would let my future kids watch it

4|3
    3|7
  • I don't really like it

1|0
    1|0