Why is Black Panther making so much money?

I didn't love it

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Wow that's it, pack up Hollywood, one of your movies isn't the best thing gag user LunerBlood has ever seen we've wasted all this time creating this whole industry for naught. I can't believe we let LunerBlood down. How could we have been so blind?

5|3
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Obviously many people did enjoy it or were at least hyped up to see it. It is making a lot of money because it's had a great reception and word of mouth has spread. It's basic common sense really. I haven't seen it but I will do so soon enough. I'll judge it as a movie, not as a political statement.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 7

• Because you are not the person whose tastes dictate who enjoys a movie.

Other people (and many of them!) are loving the movie. Deal with it.

5|0
    0|1
  • Every race deserves to have their own mainstream movie. My mom and I cried whenever we went to go see CoCo and black people are super excited to go see a movie staring an all black cast and a black super hero.

It may not be your cup of tea but it’s acrually super well written and carries a deeper meaning that is meant to resonate with people of color. The antagonist is very well written and he resonates with a good chunk of the audience because he was that little black kid who grew up with nothing and without a dad , he kind of just goes about things the wrong way. The Afro futurism concept is super cool and everyone’s costumes are based on legit African tribes and it’s a celebration of their heritage. Lastly the lesson that T’Challa learns is that his ancestors ideal of isolationism was wrong and that he as a king of a wealthy nation should do more to help people of his own kind who are in need. And that’s really damn deep

2|1
    2|1
    • The cast isn't all black and I don't know why people keep calling it the first black superhero movie. Has nobody heard of Blade?

• Show All
    • @HappyWheels it’s a fictional country but you are missing the point entirely. The fictional country of Wakanda represents Black people with resources and the conflict of the movie is based of the antagonist not having resources from a very young age and he wants to gain power to force those with resources to do something about all of the little black kids who grew up like him , except he took his ideology way too far and was violent. T’Challa learns that killmonger is a result from his fathers resove to do nothing and it changes him as a person and he learns to use his resources to better the lives of those who are less fortunate. How can you say that is a bad message for a movie to have?

• Yes, I'm well aware Wakanda is from the movie, thank you. You do not need to explain the movie, I know. How am I missing the point? He asked me how many people are from Wakanda. Seeing as it is fiction I said zero. As far as reality goes that's an honest answer. I never spoke about the movie having a bad message, you'll completely making that up for whatever reason.

• I haven't seen it. A movie doesn't need to be "good" to be popular. It sounds like an interesting premise though.

1|0
    0|0
  • Because a lot of people are watching? What kind of silly question is this?

1|1
    0|0
  • Action movies sell and there is finally representation of black superheroes on a grand scale for the black community

0|0
    1|0
    • There have already been a lot of black superheroes.

• Show All
    • @HappyWheels no I haven't and that's one out of how many predominately white action movies?

• There are others. Though they weren't made recently I'll accept.

• the graphics are nice, the cast is different, and the villain is actually relatable. That’s why it’s made so much money.

0|0
    0|0
  • Marvel movies always make $$$$$

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 26

• It's more of a marvel film, the tribes that you seen in the film are somehow related to the real world, and the problems as well, it's possible that wakanda is viewed as the city or town or country with full of resources and advanced development, and the places outside of wakanda is poor. I guess it's trying to say that every country has to help each other like brothers and sisters, what a tribe would do as one. Watch the end credits, after the credits there are two short films

0|0
    0|0
  • Because the SJW left has latched onto it as some kind of "representation" that should be celebrated. Which I find ironic.

I liked the movie, the bad guy was a homicidal SJW who wanted to take over the world by force, much like Hitler. It told a story of how those kinds of people are a severe threat to the world and it also showed how to deal with them.

0|0
    0|0
  • 1. It's a Marvel movie. They made a movie out of ant man and it even made money.
    2. It is a black racial identity movie. So blacks and liberal whites are loving it.
    3. Marvel is solid gold for now in the movies. I mean, they never lost money but now they are just raaaakkkkiing it in.

0|0
    3|0
  • Because black people think that it’s a ”Black lives matter” movement

2|4
    4|1
  • Because other people love it.
    Because there are more people who loved it than didn't love it.

Really that simple.

2|0
    0|0
  • It's a superhero not conventially popular in movies

It's a lead black role, which is pretty powerful to the African American community.

2|0
    1|0
  • You're lying. Citizen Kane is the greatest movie ever made.

0|1
    0|0
  • It was one of the better Marvel movies. And I love almost all of them except for Thor: The dark Thor.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because it's better than any other white man super hero movie

2|0
    1|2
  • I didn't love it either, but I thought it was alright. Like a 7/10. Some of the parts didn't make sense, but I wouldn't spoil the movie by discussing them outright. It had pretty aesthetics, and what few action scenes they had were pretty good. I didn't exactly like the token white guy who played Bilbo Baggins, but I mean, it's better than having an openly antagonistic and closed off attitude towards whitey & making it some black power movie. As far as Marvel movies go it's way better than the first Thor movie, or Civil War.

0|0
    0|0
  • I saw the trailer and it looks fun.. That's my guess.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's a really good film by Marvel film standards, it's my second favorite.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because it's a really good movie.

2|1
    0|0
  • It's an amazing movie, that's why.

1|0
    0|0
  • Good question

0|1
    1|0
  • WcDonalds