What is fortnite?

I know it is a game but what is the hype and why are guys so obsessed with it?

18

Most Helpful Guy

• It's a battle royal (I think it's called like that), which pretty much means that it's not at all related to any story.. You play one round and if you die, you start the next.
    Games like these are perfect for streaming, as a full "play through" of a single round often has the optimal length for an episode.. Thus.. Many popular streamers use to play games like these (fortnite, pubg, lol).
    These games aren't initially good games but easily get a lot of hype from streams, bring a lot money for the developers, are updated a lot because of their popularity caused by this, which is why people rarely stop playing them.

Most Helpful Girl

• You get dropped in a map to kill every other player and can build shit from what I've gathered. Also there's like a billion characters so that's fun.