Do you trust audience movie review or critics movie review?

As we know critics and audience do not always agree on if a movie is good. What would you do if you saw a trailer that looked amazing and the 80% or more liked it, but the critics (Rotten Tomatoes) think it is rotten?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 6

• Critics have a better grasp considering most marvel movies, despite being absolute dogshit, get good rating and user reviews. But user reviews are shorter and are more precise cause they’re just lumps ed together for an average. Also, imdb is better and more accurate than rotten tomatoes because the ratings is just how many people liked it, not what’s people would rate it out of 10

1|0
    0|0
  • I do things the way I feel, if I want to go see a movie, even if the criticism is bad, I go to do my own opinion

1|0
    0|0
  • No, they've been paid to write good reviews for bad movies too often so it jades their view of good cinema

1|0
    0|0
  • I should probably say neither. Too often the reviews from both contradicts with my opinions. I don't look just at the scores, no matter who issued them. I try to check few reviews (read or glance at the actual review, not just look at scores) from both groups, watch the trailer, read something about the plot and then figure out if it would interest me. When I look at those scores, I try not to let those affect my judgement too much, especially individual opinions. Personal preference is always a huge factor in many cases, if I think a movie was good, you might not agree even if you had similar preference in general.

0|0
    0|0
  • Usually go with the audience percentage

1|0
    0|0
  • Audience, without a doubt. I don't even take critic reviews in to account

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• I’d watch it anyways, not everyone likes the same things. If the movie is boring within the first 30minutes than i’ll simply turn it of.

2|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes