Why do we always stereotype classical music with rich white people?

I've always noticed when it comes to classical music they usually stereotype Their audience as being rich white people and not everybody can enjoy it or understand it.
https://youtu.be/0ouMaLRth-s
At least this tries to make classical music fun

1115

Most Helpful Girl

• It wasn't a stereotype in the history, it was a fact. Music like that was for those who could afford it.

• I can't imagine it would be any more expensive than going to a Elton John or Paul McCartney concert

• Yea but at that time most people in Britain France America and a few other country’s the masses were poor and could nearly get by pay check to paycheque living with 10 people in 1 room was the norm. So the only people who could afford to go to concerts and listen to music were rich people and in western countries whites were the only rich could afford to relax

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, Classical music refers to a style dominated by Italy, France, and German-speaking regions between 1700's and 1800's so that would explain why it seems as if it's a rich white folk arena. Class tensions were high at that time and the Classical music that people refer to came out of Western Europe which was full of white people.

Arabs have their own classical music but you'd have to specify that type directly rather than just say "classical".