People who listen to rock music (doesn't matter the subgenre), do you consider yourself a violent person?

Personally I don't believe this claim, that Rock music makes you violent... but anyway answer honestly.
  • Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
  • I don't listen to Rock music anyway
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• Um.. it's complicated. I don't take shit but I normally don't start it either

0|0
    0|0
  • Talking to stupid people makes me violent.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• I listen to metal, and I would consider myself far from a violent person. I wish sometimes I was even more aggressive, like when I’m driving, for instance. I often don’t mind waiting too much behind other cars if it means I don’t have to deal with weaving through traffic. I’ll get a head start on my friends with driving to the same destination and I’ll somehow get there last lmao.

I’m laid back, I don’t listen to loud music without earplugs, I don’t really get truly pissed off mad too often. I’m usually pretty capped at “annoyed,” and my family members are really the only ones that have pushed me past that point lol. Still, my favorite sort of music genre is metal with all the screaming and stuff a lot of people seemingly hate.

I don’t think it’s made me violent. Granted, I think I listen to it with a focus on the guitar/drums rather than the vocals. I pay attention more towards the instrumentation and the associated melody more than the vocals.

0|0
    0|0
  • Rock was known as the peace and flower power music

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 5

• I listen to rock and metal, I'm not violent. I know a lot of people who listen to rock and metal and aren't violet

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm five foot two and weigh a hundred pounds. I avoid conflict so much that when people bump into me, I apologize.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, I'm definitely not.

0|0
    0|0
  • not at all

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm not

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 3

• hmm no, i listen to all forms of rock from ballad religious rock to face melting blackest black times Infiniti metal, and with all forms of lyrics and messages. and I'm not at all violent. probably the nicest person you will ever meet.

But I'm very protective, and gotten in to altercations because of other peoples violent nature.

0|0
    0|0
  • You're thinking more of metal rather then rock. I myself am a metalhead and I'll be honest, im a pretty hostile and aggressive person. But the other side of me is very calm and laid back, wanting know conflict. I won't shy from conflict however and have been a fighter all my life.

0|0
    0|0
  • I listen to hard rock (like disturbed and ffdp) and some metal because I like feeling angry. It doesn't make me violent but it does make me enraged. And I like the feeling.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes