Is the Paranormal Activity 'series' a well made piece of film art or is it trash (or something inbetween)?

P. S. You can vote even if you've only seen one.

Is the Paranormal Activity 'series' a well made piece of film art or is it trash (or something inbetween)?
  • It's a well made piece of film art.
    Vote A
  • It's pure trash.
    Vote B
  • It's okay I guess...
    Vote C
  • I haven't seen any of those.
    Vote D
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• The first film is a great piece of horror and is really good at building suspense. It doesn't fall into the modern horror trap of showing too much, using too many jumpscares and having almost constant action. The wait for the horror is almost diabolical. The movie only really works though if you watch it alone in a dark room with high volume (preferably with headphones). Hearing the ambient noise really well is the key.

The rest of the series is ok, I guess... they're pretty much just money grab films..

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I've only seen the first film. But it wasn't scary and a little bit ridiculous. And REALLY boring. Not to my liking at all. I usually get scared quite easily, but I don't think it succeeded in building the suspense and it didn't make me think there was something actually there. It just seemed like the characters were idiots.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 22

• Haven't watched much of it, but I kinda like the few episodes I did watch.

0|0
    0|0
  • I liked the first one... some of the second but I quickly grew tired of the angle that everything we see is some hand held camera or security camera. I don't think it worked to do that for everyone of the films. It got really old quick. I hated it by the time the last two came out.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think they are well made... like they use a minimal budget but it really is scary... because I mean... at night when you are sleeping --> do you really know whats going on around you lol... not really

and it sort of instills that type of fear in you, I think they are super scary without stupid silly surprises, ... I hate horror that depends on surprises to scare people... that isn't fear, thats just a surprise shock

0|0
    0|0
  • I mean if you look at it PURELY from a cinematic/technical point of view, it's actually an amazing movie, in that it uses just about every single cinematic tool possible to tell the story, which is pretty cool.

But at the same time let's be honest, the series kinda sucks lmao

0|0
    0|0
  • I think its all trash. Another bunch of cheap films pushing exercism and hollywoods idea of demons and demon possesions.
    Which it does happen just not in the way these films portray it.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm not a fan of "found footage" movies like The Blair Witch Project, Paranormal Activity, Chronicle and other similar films.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it was well made. When it came out there was nothing else like it but now it's been done to death

0|0
    0|0
  • It's certainly not film art. It's mediocre supernatural horror.

0|0
    0|0
  • Somewhere between trash and okay. I mean it's trash and it costs nothing to make, but there's an art to it.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's extremely low budget, like Blair Witch Project.
    I could make a film like that with my buddy.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nah you gotta give it to the conjuring series now there's a good set of horror films

0|0
    0|0
  • I dug the first one, but haven't seen any of the others

0|0
    0|0
  • The 1st film as with most movies was the best. It wasn't a well made film but it wasn't bad either.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've seen the first one. The only time I've got asleep in a film theatre.

0|0
    0|0
  • I mean it was pretty cool but I didn't really like the series.

0|0
    0|0
  • I rate it's something else. thats all I can say

0|0
    0|0
  • It's well made it's just boring

0|0
    0|0
  • its pure trash

0|0
    0|0
  • Expression is art. In any form.

0|0
    0|0
  • One word five letters. TRASH

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 4

• I didn't like it a lot. It was okay, but overrated

0|0
    0|0
  • Trash. I mean, maybe the first time it was a little scary but even then, it quickly gets boring when literally nothing fucking happens. The only exciting part is like right at the end so the whole film is just wasted

0|0
    0|0
  • I liked the few I saw but I don't think they were great

0|0
    0|0
  • I enjoyed the first 2

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes