Do you think video games should start giving back?

I hate it when you spend so much time and money into a video game, then the game just shuts down.

Its happened to me theee times.
These are the games that did this to me

•PlayStation home
this was a popular game on PlayStation 3
that I fell in love with, I've been playing this game ever since I was about 9 years old.
The game shut down once I turned 16 & it broke my heart.
wasted a couple thousand dollars on this game.
I would’ve at least like some of my money back or maybe even a free shirt or something?

•NBA2k16
Its hard for me to find a game I’d spend money on, but once I do find that game..
Im definitely spending money on it
This game wasn’t as bad, I only spent 50$ on this game, but I spent hours and hours every day playing this game trying to get better at it.
& they close the game down soon after the next game comes out (NBA2k17)
So much time wasted...

I think it’s unfair that they’re doing people like this
& the majority of people who play these games are little kids who don’t know any better.
They’re begging their parents for money and the parent doesn’t even know they’re throwing their money away...
its just not cool..

Im not asking for them to make anything cheaper or not even money back
just give something back... anything.

& people say you shouldn’t spend money on games anyway
gaming is a guilty pleasure for some people.
you look down on gaming, but you buy makeup & I know we’re spending the same amount of money for it to end up down the drain at the end of the day.
  • Yes they should start giving back
  • You shouldn’t waste your money on games anyway
  • No they shouldn’t start giving back
    Vote C
  • Results
    Vote D

07

Most Helpful Guy

• Games "give back" by providing you with game play. That's all that was ever promised.

Games with an online component - or worse, online only games - will always be reliant on a company keeping servers running, and that is always a risk.

I refuse to buy games that don't have a an enjoyable stand-alone experience. That way, if the online portion goes away, I still have something to play.

Game companies haven't raised the price of games for more than a decade, even though development costs continue to increase. Instead, they charge for online players or have in-app purchases (or both) - and I refuse to participate in in-app purchases. But millions do it, and the game companies make more money that way.

The only real vote you have is with your wallet. If you buy games with bad business models, you teach game companies that those business models are OK. If you avoid them and encourage your friends to do so, then maybe things will change.

• There are hardly any games like that anymore
      there are a few games such as Skyrim
      That don’t even offer network games play and Is still a game that’s played a lot today

but that game came out in 2011
      they don’t really do that anymore so it’s not easy

• Oh, I am well aware. But you still have to vote with your wallet...

• One of my all time favorite games was Star Wars Battlefront for Xbox. When the remake was released a couple of years ago with no campaign mode, I refused to buy it, even after waiting for it for a decade.

I wasn't alone, and they added campaign mode for Battlefront 2.