How can I make a drawing better?

How can i make a drawing better?This is a drawing i'm working on. It's not coloured in yet, but i just want tips on how to improve my drawings. How can i make the girl more realistic? How do i draw hair more realistically?

34

Most Helpful Girl

• Shading and using light, make sure you have good anatomy (legs look good, arms seem out of place a bit), drawing hands and feet, using an off-white sheet of paper made for drawing (using white will make you choose lighter colors), adding texture to the clothing and improving the background a bit. You should consider getting a sketchbook and finishing a page everyday (of sketches, practicing anatomy or hair, hands, feet or anything you find difficult). Looking on youtube is great, but looking at pictures of how joints, hair, clothing, muscles and other parts work was what helped me improve. Don't be afraid to look at pictures to help you, just don't copy other artists 100%, but using a tecnique from that artist to find your own style can be really helpful. Its hard work, but worth it. I'm writing this assuming you're serious about drawing. I wish you the best of luck, you're doing great so far, especially if you let people critique your work and use that criticism to improve, that's a really good skill to have. :3