Rate this Stand up comedian out of 5: Richard Pryor?

It's about time I did Richard Pryor. Pryor was known for uncompromising examinations of racism and topical contemporary issues, which employed vulgarities and profanity, as well as racial epithets. He reached a broad audience with his trenchant observations and storytelling style, and is widely regarded as one of the greatest and most influential stand-up comedians of all time. He collaborated on many projects with actor Gene Wilder.

Results of previous polls:

Eddie Murphy: 4.3/5
Robin Williams: 4.2/5
Rodney Dangerfield: 3.9/5
Steve Martin: 3.9/5
Dave Chappelle: 3.9/5
George Carlin: 3.9/5
Mitch Hedberg: 3.8/5
Bill Burr: 3.8/5
Louis C. K.: 3.8/5
Kevin Hart: 3.7/5
Bob Hope: 3.5/5
Jim Carrey: 3.4/5
Norm Macdonald: 3.4/5
Sam Kinison: 3.3/5
Don Rickles: 3.3/5
Tim Allen: 3.3/5
Jerry Seinfeld: 3.2/5
Jim Gaffigan: 3.2/5
Bill Cosby: 3.1/5
David Spade: 3.1/5
Dane Cook: 3/5
George Lopez: 3/5
Adam Sandler: 2.9/5
Ellen Degeneres: 2.5/5
Bill Maher: 2.3/5
Rosanne Barr: 2.2/5
  • 5/5 The best comedian ever!
    Vote A
  • 4/5 very funny
    Vote B
  • 3/5 sorta funny
    Vote C
  • 2/5 not very funny
    Vote D
  • 1/5 worst comedian ever
    Vote E
  • Who's Richard Pryor?
    Vote F
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|1

Most Helpful Girl

• I thought that was lional Richie forreal I got really confused.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm just wondering why Dave Chappelle had such a low mark. That guy says some real shit. Also, where the fuck is Chris Rock on the list? Am I not understanding something here?

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 6

• 3/5 sorta funny. Some of his stuff is funny but most isn't.

0|1
    0|0
  • 4/5 very funny

0|1
    0|0
  • 2/5 sort of funny toto :)

0|1
    0|1
  • 5/5 One of the best, for sure.

0|2
    0|0
  • If you liked him he was very funny.

0|1
    0|0
  • Very funny

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 21

• Whoever the fuck voted Carlin in at 3.9/5 needs to fall in a trash compactor, holy fuck. Carlin and Pryor are both 5/5.

Geez, that whole list is fucked up. Steve Martin 3.9. DANGERFIELD 3.9, are you lettin' retards vote here? Gotta be.

0|1
    0|0
  • Richard definitely 'Blazed the Trail' for others, like Eddie Murphy, a carbon copy, almost! But they really only commented on African-Americans.
    I like Carlos Mencia!! Yeah, I know, many say he ripped off his jokes from others, but he delivers them well!! He made the point, in one of his shows, about not telling a 'racial' joke, unless you tell it to the ones that it talks about!

0|1
    0|0
  • He's absolutely one of the most influential stand-ups ever. Prior's talent and success helped pave the way for later black comedians. His performance on stage comes across as very natural. This attitude causes the audience to relax and feel comfortable accepting his "abrasive" humor. As any good storyteller/comedian should know, to be successful the audience needs to like you, not just the jokes.

0|1
    0|0
  • I wasn’t exposed to nor watched a lot of Richard Pryor growing up or even now. So, I can’t rate him. Many comedians and celebrities I’ve heard, say he’s a legend

0|1
    0|0
  • In my top 5 of greatest comedians of all time! He was a major force in the comedic world, until he got all cracked out.. Stir Crazy was fuckin awesome! I've appreciated most comedians that have noted Pryor as an inspiration. I sure have myself.

0|1
    0|0
  • He was one of the greats, for sure.

I was shocked to see that he died more than 12 years ago, as I would have guessed far more recently than that, and I remember it being in the news.

0|1
    0|0
  • 10.5 without rich we jave no murphy Dave or Rock. pryor brought thr goods. And Paul wrote for all of them so thank you to paul for all the back ground work. You are the comedy Dick Cheney

0|2
    0|0
  • Best comedian ever, he really had his own style, even laughed at himself. He was really funny in the movie “Brewster’s Millions “ . Looks like you took me up on it posting him 👍

0|1
    0|0
  • certainly a 5 out of 5

easily one of the best ever

0|1
    0|0
  • Out standing comedian I enjoyed all of his movies. Very good actor and super funny 5/5 The best comedian ever!

0|1
    0|0
  • he's funny and made me laugh. But not all his stuff was good.

0|1
    0|0
  • I like superman 3

0|1
    0|0
  • 5/5 The best comedian ever!

0|1
    0|0
  • 4.8 out of 5 for Richard

0|1
    0|0
  • 3/5 sorta funny.

0|1
    0|0
  • One of my favorites.

0|1
    0|0
  • Never seen his standup but I like his movies.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes I gave him a 5

0|1
    0|0
  • I enjoy his movies more than his standup

0|1
    0|0
  • 5 fuck yeah!!

0|1
    0|0
  • More from Guys