Should I write my story as a fanfiction or an original fiction?

I have been thinking about this for a while now. I would like to be a full-time writer in the future, which means that I definitely have to start writing original fiction once.

But I've already begun to develop a fanfiction (though I haven't written anything down yet), and I'm afraid that I will use up all of my good ideas if I go for it. I'm also afraid that it would contain so much unoriginal content that I won't be able to have it published later.

12

Most Helpful Girl

• If they published fifty shades, I'm sure you'd get published.

• I intend my story to be a "bit" more detailed and developed, which means that I would likely use enough unoriginal content for it to be problematic when it comes to publishing.

• What's you Wattpad username?

• PandaPond. 😂 Literally same picture as on here :)