How would you personally define a meme?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• Examples of memes are tunes, ideas, catch-phrases, clothes fashions, ways of making pots or of building arches. Just as genes propagate themselves in the gene pool by leaping from body to body via sperms or eggs, so memes propagate themselves in the meme pool by leaping from brain to brain via a process which, in the broad sense, can be called imitation.

- Richard Dawkins, The selfish gene, Inventor of the word 'meme'

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 3

What Guys Said 15

• It's a wide spread inside joke that can be varied and reused in many ways

1|0
    0|0
  • Imitation of some funny or ridiculous cultural elements from the movies, tv shows, cartoons, comics, video games, politics etc... by using certain pictures (photos, drawings paintings), and text (humorous catch phrases, silly quotes, hilarious comments).

0|0
    0|0
  • In my day a meme where a character or image that had one overall message (10 guy; I’m high, socially awkward penguin; I’m awkward, scumbag Steve; scumbag) so you’d look at the central image and know “this is about anxiety” “this is about scumbaggery”

The text around the image would then be he finesse the joke requires.

Now a meme doesn’t have to be a particular thing at all, it’s just a post with words.

0|0
    0|0
  • well nowadays its a bunch of words or one word on a pic that is meant to look funny or badly photoshopped 4 years ago it was actually a funny photo with a actually funny phrase and 8 years ago it was like a artform cause it was so rare people would just put a caption at the bottom of a pic and hope it was funny

0|0
    0|0
  • Anything that goes viral within some form of media.

1|0
    0|0
  • The sauce of life that sustains many the will to soldier on another day...

0|1
    0|0
  • Something is generally funny with a picture and a statement.

0|0
    0|0
  • This

0|0
    0|0
  • Meme- Noun: (Miim) "A popular internet trend that makes no sense to most of the rest of mankind"

0|0
    0|0
    • How good that I'm not the rest of mankind.

• Show All
    • But not all of them are images, not all of them are videos. They're the essence of certain ideas, the (moving) images in which they spread are merely the bodies they occupy to that end.

• Okay. You See? Even I DON'T understand it!!

• Internet jokes

1|1
    0|0
  • Funi lol eggs dee

0|1
    0|0
  • Colossal waste of time

0|0
    0|0
  • Unit of culture.

0|0
    0|0