Anyone into watching Black Mirror?

My brother and sis in law have pulled me into the bandwagon of becoming addicted in watching the series. Since they're all individual stories, I don't watch them in order and simply watch the episodes at random. Any standouts that are must watch worthy? What are your personal favorite episodes that left you mind f***ed in seeing how technology is really shaping society/humanity?

Episodes I've watched so far:
- White Bear (really played with my mind and emotions)
- Be Right Back (Had me look into my personal life of losing my mum and my negative feelings towards AI)
- Hang the DJ (Made me think of my friends who use dating apps)
- San Junipero (Once again made me think deeply about my mum and wonder about afterlife)

1|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, it's one of my favorite shows.. I love that show.. My favorite is the one with Daniel Kaluuya..
    -White Bear too.. (That's the one with virtual reality right?)
    The one with John Hamm.. That's a great one.. You should watch that one.. That one will leave you a bit mind f**ked.. I watched all the episode unofortunately.. But, I'm glad they pickin it up with another season.. I watched them randomly like you.. Except the fourth season..

2|0
    0|0
    • Haven't watched either of the episodes with those actors in whom you've mentioned, but my mind is blown that they've pulled well known actors into playing an episode!

White Bear is that episode with a lady running away from intruders and having people around her capture her being tormented on their phones... It was so crazy for me to watch as there were so many plot twist and moral dilemmas to be discussed about!

• Show All
    • Yeah, that's what I wanted to say disturbin.. And yeah you right that's exactly what it seems like it was suppose to represent.. I didn't like how they made a whole event around continually torturin that woman even if she was a kidnapper, and murderer.. Lol.. And yeah you basically said what I said about the episode.. LOL.. XD... So I agree witchu.. And no problem!.. Yeah definitely watch those..

• Thanks for MHO! :)

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 5

• I want to watch it, but too busy with Live PD and Altered Carbon at the moment lol.

1|0
    0|0
    • I've never heard of either of those series. But you should get into Black Mirror, it's pretty good!! At least all the episodes which I've watched so far. I've heard of some that just didn't quite do justice in leaving one thinking after the episode finished but simply left an... "ooookay?" feeling lol Therefore I'm asking for opinions of which episodes are standouts.

• Show All
    • Gene!! Add "Man Against Fire" as another must watch!! Highly thought provoking as it talks about human biology as well as military technology, two topics that I know you hold near and dear haha! But it's honestly realistic and disturbing. I'm highly curious to know your interpretation to it!

• i never seen it but a lyft passenger told me about this one episode where you see people's ratings in reality or something. sounded interesting

1|0
    0|0
    • You should get into it Mr. Toad, it's a rather eye opening series that sheds light into how brilliant technology is but how messed up we humans are in the way we use/manipulate it.

• I believe I've heard of the episode you've mentioned from reading it's synopsis, I think you may be referring to "Nosedive".

• Love this series, one of the few that I find actually entertaining but also making me think on a deeper level at the same time.
    Favourite episodes include:
    - White Bear (very altered take on a conceptualised justice system which is always interesting)
    - Shut Up and Dance (the only feeling I had after the ending can only be described as despair, kinda messed up but well-executed)
    - White Christmas (I found it to be a very clever episode on morality but quite sad in some ways in my opinion)
    - Playtest (good ol' mindfuck scenario focused on gaming)
    - The National Anthem (disgusting but amazing, really shows the effect of public opinion and social manipulation)

I find all of these personally excellent but I think all episodes are pretty good, decent at the very least but thought-provoking and emotionally charged at best.

1|0
    0|0
  • i have not watched it but i may start watching it. i've heard it's very good

1|0
    0|0
  • I like it

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• I've never watched it. But you've intrigued me now. So I'll make an effort to watch it

1|0
    0|0
  • I haven't got a chance to get into it yet there's so many things I have to catch up on now, but there's also so many new shows that are good its too much 😱

1|0
    0|0
    • Hahaha I know the feeling!! But oh my gosh Dee, if you love shows that leave you in deep thought and get you mind f***ed, I swear it's something you should start watching! Just don't watch it before bed... it mind keep your brain running off haha

• Show All
    • LMAO! I was going to mention saying that watching Black Mirror may even help you come up with crazy thought proviki g questions crazier ones than the question you asked which was inspired from Love and Hip Hop πŸ˜…πŸ€£πŸ˜‚

• Hey! That was a legit question lol just inspired by them, but yea definitely

• Watched it when it first came out in the UK channel 4 it's hilarious how the first episode related to the ex Prime Minister

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes