Anyone else think its safe to assume that an Author who writes about not one but two Surfing Private Detectives is a Surfer?

I'm reading Don Winslows California Fire and Life and the protagonist surfs as a hobby, but this isn't Don Winslow only Surfing P. I he has a Series about a guy who is literally a Surfer Bum P. I and his surfer group.
The second one is literally about 5he murder of a surf community figure.
Anyone else think its fair to say Don Winslow is a Surfer.
I mean the Dawn Patrol and its sequel The Gentlemen's hour are essentially surfing noir. Which is now a thing because he created it.
Its a beach surfer story combined with noir and it somehow works well.

11

Most Helpful Girl

• I bet so. Authors seem to write about what they know best, for the most part.

Most Helpful Guy

• Possibly. People are able to go into detail more about things they know first hand but that isn't always the case.