Have anime ever taught you something?

If so what?

"If you have the right to live, so do we. Granted, I believe rights are a concept unique to the human species."Have anime ever taught you something??
  • It did
    Vote A
  • It didn't
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Aaaah, Parasyte is my favourite <3 I don't think I've learnt all that much from anime over the years, I guess it's taught me a little more about culture in Japan and the festivals and day to day school life and stuff but that's all pretty basic stuff.

0|2
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I began that anime as well but something turned me off from it big time.

Also to denounce his point - their right to live end a where my right to bodily integrity begins. If the only way for you to survive is to be a literal parasite and live off of someone else them sorry not sorry, not gonna work.

0|1
    0|0
    • I think it had a American movie style that I really liked. I think it was a great anime. And yeah I saw this about a year ago

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 6

• Nope.

0|1
    0|0
  • No, but Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt was really starting to change my perspective on life (bear with me) Kimmy went through so much but she was so optimistic and such a good person. I really aspire to be the same way, a truly good person who is kind and optimistic. And she makes you want to be a better friend. And everyone could probably step up their friend or partner game :)

0|2
    0|0
  • This anime convinced me to love people again

0|1
    0|0
  • "I'll leave tomorrow's troubles, to tomorrow's me."

"That's the thing about humans, we can change ourselves."

1|2
    0|0
  • yes (team up ) from AOT.,.. that is the reason i well keep watching them lol

0|1
    0|0
  • Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood taught me a lot

0|1
    0|0
    • Im watching it right now lol

• The chimera episode in particular made me think a lot about the human condition. But I feel like Fullmetal isn’t your typical anime

• The bizzare part can be found in berserk claymore and mahoutsukai no yome

What Guys Said 15

• It kinda showed me a glimpse of Japanese culture, but overall when it got psychological or philisophical it was often from a in my opinion terrible point of view, and if I let myself be influence me by that I'd easily become arrogant and expect peoples admiration for doing good which is deluded. Then again maybe I'm watching the wrong ones.

0|1
    0|0
  • Echhi mangas taught me that the more you cockblock yourself, the more chix you get

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes, it has taught me that life is too short to waste it watching a pointless filler-fest disguised as a TV show.

0|1
    1|0

• What's the use of looking towards the past? If past data dictates reality... then our 33,1 winning percentage last year means we shouldn't even be playing the Mariners and their 66,7 winning percentage.

0|1
    0|0
  • I've learned a bunch from anime, they cover all different genre and age ranges so some of them are specifically designed to make you think and debate new ideas.

0|1
    0|0
  • I guess anime (the good ones like Studio ghibli) tell archetypal stories and there can be a Lot to be gained from. Just look at the last fireflies or princess mononoke and you See such deep stories, that its Hard to say, that this is just garbage.

0|1
    0|0
  • The only things it taught me were shitty western stereotypes in regards to Asian culture, that boobs never stop jiggling once in motion, and Asians become strobe lights when angry.

0|1
    0|0
  • No because I'm not a weeb and I don't watch jap cartoons

0|1
    0|0
  • It actually taught me many things

0|1
    0|0
  • I dont' watch that garbage

0|1
    0|0
    • Interesting. You should tho

• Show All
    • Thank you @revolver_ and @dancing_in_nebulas

• You're welcome @Nandor

• Yeah.. how NOT to make characters.

0|3
    0|0
  • nope not ever, not once

0|1
    0|0
  • It didn't

0|1
    0|0
  • No, I don't watch anime.

0|1
    0|0
  • I used to watch a Slice of Life anime once upon a time with a lot of science concepts in it (it follows the life of a few nerds) and yeah I learned some new science stuff.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes