Should Katy Perry be booted from American Idol?

So apparently Katy Perry did a big no-no and robbed a young boy of his first kiss on national television.
https://globalnews.ca/news/4083421/katy-perry-kiss-american-idol-benjamin-glaze/amp/
If this was a dude doing this to a young girl, twitter would crash from the global mob after that dude's head. So, in light of #MeToo and in the name of equality, should Katy Perry be booted from American idol and her career relegated forever to the garbage bin of Hollywood? (Or has it already been relegated there because she's on American idol? 🤔)
Your thoughts.
  • Hell ya she should, because equality
  • Nahhhh, let'r stay
  • Wait? You mean guys can be sexually harassed? Bruh, shits crazy
    Vote C
  • How is American idol still even on? Isn't it like in its 600th season? People still watch that shit?
    Vote D

4671

Most Helpful Girl

• You actually brung up a good point here, women celebrities often get a little bit too touchy (kiss check, lips, full hug) with minors but it is always seen as alright but if a man celebrity tried to pull the exact same moves it would be seen as inappropriate. The question is why is this? For this it is his first kiss so I voted she should but he is a 19 year old so I understand a little why the public is more understanding, he isn't a minor. I mean kissing on the check is still already pushing it but on the lips the audacity. And I voted this for him because he probably wanted to save that kiss for at least someone he will be in a relationship with like I am. I would feel violated if I was put in the same position with a 33 year old man celebrity (Katy Perry's age) even though I am 19 and legally an adult in a way.

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, often what makes the difference between okay sexual contact and sexual assault is not just consent but consent after the fact. If you grab some random woman's breasts in the street it's not sexual assault if she gives consent after the fact. If she doesn't then you're probably getting arrested. So, the same rules should apply. This guy has said that he was not comfortable with it and would have rejected the offer if he had been given the chance. As such it is sexual assault and should be taken seriously. As you have said, if this was a male judge and a young girl it would be taken seriously.

• A guy grabbing a woman's breasts on the street doesn't know that she'll give him consent afterwards (and he'd be delusional to assume so), so he definitely sexually assaulted her. Of course, if she is okay with it afterwards nonethelss, then obviously he can't be charged for it. But it doesn't change the fact that he did sexually assault her.

• @Pamina I would point out that killing another human is not sanctioned in many countries even with their consent, but I don't like to put facts in the way of your narrative ;)

• You mean facts that I explicitly agreed with from the very beginning of this debate? Okay if you're not even reading my comments properly there's no point in continuing.