Do you agree with this person?

Do you agree with this person?Do you agree that millennials are "snowflakes" for feeling sorry for the "monster" in Frankenstein? If you're not familiar with the story, here's some information:
Do you agree with this person?I agree with these people:
Do you agree with this person?Here's a passage from the book. He found a family that seemed friendly, & he secretly helped them with their gardening without their knowledge. After a few months he got the courage to try to befriend them:

"I am full of fears, for if I fail there, I am an outcast in the world forever... I am an unfortunate and deserted creature... I have no relation or friend upon earth... I feel so many overwhelming terrors. I tenderly love these people; I have, unknown to them, been in the habits of daily kindness towards them...

I sank on the chair and sobbed aloud. At that moment I heard their footsteps... This, I thought, was the moment of decision, which was to rob me of or bestow happiness on me forever... Felix, Safie, and Agatha entered. Who can describe their horror on beholding me? Felix darted forward, and with supernatural force... dashed me to the ground and struck me violently with a stick...

Overcome by pain and anguish, I quitted the cottage... 'Cursed, cursed creator! Why did I live?'... I gave vent to my anguish in fearful howlings... The cold stars shone in mockery... the sweet voice of a bird burst forth amidst the universal stillness. All, save I, were at rest or in enjoyment; I bore a hell within me... I was wretched, helpless, and alone…‘Hateful day when I received life!’ I exclaimed in agony… My form is a filthy type… Even Satan had his companions... but I am solitary and abhorred.’"

----

So, what do you think? Do you feel sympathy for the creature? Or are people snowflakes for feeling sympathy for him?
  • yes. i don't feel sorry for him, nor would i feel sorry for someone if this happened to them in real life. people who feel sorry for him are snowflakes
  • i don't feel sorry for him, nor would I feel sorry for someone if it happened in real life. however I don't think it's stupid for someone to feel sorry for him
  • i'd feel sorry if it happened to someone in real life, but i don't feel sorry for him because it's fiction. i think it's stupid people would feel sorry for him as a fictional character
    Vote C
  • i'd feel sorry if it happened to someone in real life, but i don't feel sorry for him because it's fiction. however, i can see how someone would feel sorry for him even as a fictional character.
    Vote D
  • i feel sorry for him
    Vote E
  • i feel very sorry for him
    Vote F
  • i felt so sorry for him that I cried (or almost cried)
    Vote G

34

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• He... is the victim... he WAS misunderstood. That's the whole point of the book. It's stated outright more than once.

It's also stated Victor Frankenstein is a punk ass bitch who dropped out of college after half a semester.